Fish Oil Allergy, Can I Still Feed Raw?

Selarah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys.

I am not 100% sure, but I believe my cat has a fish allergy, in addition to a few others, that I know of.
At first I thought it was only chicken, but now I think it is fish too. He is almost worse with fish. He is loosing a lot of fur and scratches a whole lot while I was feeding him TikiCat wild salmon. Since then, I had him on Fancy Feast classic pates, but his itching was even worse! I then put him on kibble to settle him down for a couple weeks, and seemed a bit better. I didn't want him on that for very long, so I decided to plug into the world of raw. I figured since I am so new to raw feeding, Primal would be a great option as they have a big variety. Well, he is back to scratching and loosing fur like crazy and looking haggard. I looked a the ingredients, and now I am suspecting it could be the sardine oil and cod liver oil. I took a browse online and here on this site, and sure enough some cats with bad fish allergies can very well react to fish oils too, which suprises me.

I have been on the quest looking for appropriate commercial raw food, some people tell me a lot of them aren't safe for cats, if they arent willing to tell me the nutritional analysis of their grinds. I am reading so much information, and getting a lot from various people, my head is spinning. A lot, if not all commercial raw that I could find, all have some kind of fish oil. Does this mean I am very limited on what I can feed my cat? Homemade is completely daunting, I was hoping to stick to commercial. I am in Canada. Anyone familiar with raw feeding able to help me? Anyone know of any commercial raw complete meals that don't have fish oils? I was looking at Big Country Raw, they sell some protiens that are 80/10/10 but not sure if it is good as I dont know what I am looking at or how to read the NA. I don't know if I can get it here either. I am in Alberta. I can get Natural Instincts here, they sells unsupplemented grinds, some with bone some not, that I could supplement myself? I rall don't know what to do, and if I can't figure it out, I'm sad to have to put him back on a kibble food, since canned seems to upset his system too. :(

Thanks for any input.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never committed this to memory, because it comes up so infrequently, but I think when other people see this that there is a way that they process most/some fish oil that has the protein or allergen removed, or otherwise some have used krill oil instead.
Other people know about this, and will give you options.