First-time Cat Owner! Advice?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ampreyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I went back to the vet today and Dexter got a blood test, which we will get the results back tomorrow, and he was also given some medication for his fever (which he still has) :sniffle:

I'm hoping it is nothing too bad. Thank you everyone for the support! I will update you guys about the blood test! :hearthrob:

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I went back to the vet today and Dexter got a blood test, which we will get the results back tomorrow, and he was also given some medication for his fever (which he still has) :sniffle:

I'm hoping it is nothing too bad. Thank you everyone for the support! I will update you guys about the blood test! :hearthrob:
Hey there! Keeping my fingers crossed that this is something super treatable. :crossfingers:

How was his eating, drinking and litter box use today? The same?

ampreyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey there! Keeping my fingers crossed that this is something super treatable. :crossfingers:

How was his eating, drinking and litter box use today? The same?
Hi thank you so much! His eating was very minimal as usual, drinking was pretty good I would say, and litter box was just urine (one clump).

The vet tech said that he probably isn't passing any bowel movements because his eating habits have changed so I'm trying to not let the lack of poop bother me as much.

On the otherhand his consistent fever is very worrisome. They actually gave me a discount on the bloodwork and the medication and I'm so blessed for that.

I'm hoping the medicine helps his fever out! :sickcat:

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi thank you so much! His eating was very minimal as usual, drinking was pretty good I would say, and litter box was just urine (one clump).

The vet tech said that he probably isn't passing any bowel movements because his eating habits have changed so I'm trying to not let the lack of poop bother me as much.

On the otherhand his consistent fever is very worrisome. They actually gave me a discount on the bloodwork and the medication and I'm so blessed for that.

I'm hoping the medicine helps his fever out! :sickcat:
That makes sense! This community is awesome when it comes to food, so if you struggle to find something he'll eat, I guarantee that someone on here will have some new food to suggest (I have tried a crap ton of brands to try and get my girl eating good again).

I agree that the fever is worrisome. ): I'm sorry that he's got such a high fever still. On the bright side, it sounds like you found a really amazing vet that actually cares for Dexter!

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your update tomorrow!

ampreyes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Dexter is doing absolutely great! His blood test came out normal and his fever has gone down! His medicine really helped him out!

The vet is going to give him a free examination tomorrow which is so amazing and kind of them! They just want to make sure his temperature is down and his weight is healthy.

Dexter is eating normally now and drank his water. He also pooped and peed which is awesome! He's been acting like himself a bit more and exploring and meowing and that makes me so happy!

Thank you everyone for helping me worry less and giving me amazing advice! :touched::redheartpump:

IMG_20180624_080947113.jpg

Snapchat-1597870006.jpg

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! Dexter is doing absolutely great! His blood test came out normal and his fever has gone down! His medicine really helped him out!

The vet is going to give him a free examination tomorrow which is so amazing and kind of them! They just want to make sure his temperature is down and his weight is healthy.

Dexter is eating normally now and drank his water. He also pooped and peed which is awesome! He's been acting like himself a bit more and exploring and meowing and that makes me so happy!

Thank you everyone for helping me worry less and giving me amazing advice! :touched::redheartpump:

View attachment 238695

View attachment 238697
He's such a pretty boy!! :hearthrob:

I'm so happy to hear that everything is in the clear now! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the medication keeps his fever down and he goes back to full normal.

:goodluck::hugs::woohoo: