First Pet - I Took In A Stray, Please Help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annguyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So far, I’ve fed him Sheba and meow mix for wet food. Stopping the meow mix as I just recently heard it’s not the best in protein. I just bought rachel ray for dry!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I recently started the Rachel Ray dry myself. There is one version that has sweet potatoes in it. Might help the tummy! My leukemia kitty is loving the immune boosting formula and digests it with no problems. Several of my kitties prefer the Rachel Ray dry food over any other. I don’t give Meow Mix or Temptaions Treats. I think you made a good choice by changing the dry food. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annguyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ahh great! I’m glad to hear I picked a good dry food. Just like us humans were cautious as to what we put into our bodies, I want to make sure our fur babies are getting good food as well. What treats would you recommend?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now I would try to get the kitty on a good balanced diet and just get his tummy straightened out first. I don’t use any of the treats that are sold in the grocery stores. There are some that are okay that are sold in pet specialty stores. I would say to check the ingredients of any treats you buy. Natural is best. I rarely offer extra treats because I want the ferals I rescue to eat very regular meals. I do use some things to help train them to get used to being near people or to correct behavior but until the diarrhea is stopped I think it might be best to get him on an established meal plan. All meat baby food , Turkey with gravy is my go to for luring kitties in to be petted but right now it might get his tummy worse. Once his poop is solid then you can use that if you need a training tool but I’m not sure you need a training food. I think @tarasgirl06 would be a good one to ask about healthy cat treats.