Please Help, Putting A Cat Down, Surrendering...

annguyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,

I came on this site when I needed help a month ago with tips and advice on how to care for and give a stray cat the best quality of life, with the transition of indoor/outdoor. I received a ton of help within 24 hours.

Here I am now, asking for help. I’m heartbroken to say that my cat got ran over by a car last night. He’s currently suffering from a broken or fractured jaw, a possible abdomen hernia, as well as some head trauma. I have 24 hours to make a decision of taking him to get emergency surgery. The initial visit cost me $1000, because it was an emergency examination visit. They took one X-ray and confirmed his jar is definitely locked. The vet also confirmed there’s definitely some head trauma as well. I can’t afford another X-ray to confirm if he has a hernia. He’s in so much pain, and I don’t know what else to do.

I am not one to ask for financial assistance from anyone, but I love and want to keep my cat. I’ve set up a gofundme in hopes to raise as much as I can within the next 24 hours. I know that it may not be possible to raise everything I need to get the surgery but anything will help. Please consider donating, I want to get him the care he needs but if I can’t find the funds, then I will have to make the ultimate decision to surrender him to a shelter. However, the outcome will be unknown, and it breaks my heart that I won’t know if he will be saved and adopted or put down.

If I can raise even $600, and it isn’t possible to save him, this would allow me to be with him during his last moments.

Click here to support Please help save my nugget organized by An Nguyen

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Note that this reminder is posted in all threads asking for donations and is not directed at any specific person.

From the Mods:
To all members, a reminder that it is YOUR responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Ask for references, phone numbers, call around the area and find out if this is a legitimate cause or a scam. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized. Be very careful before you send any money: no matter how effective the plea is, check it out first before opening your wallet. For more information, see Pleas for Money.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh no - what a terrible situation!! I hope that your poor kitty was given pain management at the very least! You can also see if the vet accepts Care Credit - if you apply online, you might get turned down but if that happens, you can call the 800 number and talk to a live agent. If you pay off the Care Credit in 6 months (or whatever your particular arrangement is) then you don't have to pay interest.
As for crowdfunding, it often helps if you post a picture of the vet bill and the name & contact information of the vet. PayPal is another way to get funds & it is faster than getting them through GoFundMe which takes a 10% cut of the action and can take awhile to put the money in your account. I hope that these tips help you get your poor baby the urgent care that he needs. Please keep us posted!
~ ~ ~ Prayers and vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::grouphug2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annguyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh no - what a terrible situation!! I hope that your poor kitty was given pain management at the very least! You can also see if the vet accepts Care Credit - if you apply online, you might get turned down but if that happens, you can call the 800 number and talk to a live agent. If you pay off the Care Credit in 6 months (or whatever your particular arrangement is) then you don't have to pay interest.
As for crowdfunding, it often helps if you post a picture of the vet bill and the name & contact information of the vet. PayPal is another way to get funds & it is faster than getting them through GoFundMe which takes a 10% cut of the action and can take awhile to put the money in your account. I hope that these tips help you get your poor baby the urgent care that he needs. Please keep us posted!
~ ~ ~ Prayers and vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::grouphug2:

I didn’t know gofundme takes a portion, it really is my last resort. I would never ask anyone for financial assistance, but this is a really hard time of need for me. I didn’t know where else to turn.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Show your vet the go fund me account and sign papers promising payment! There are ways to try and work around things. Look into Care Credit immediately as well as calling your Humane Society to see if there are any assistance programs. I know you are dealing with a lot right now but go to the links provided above by mamanyt1953 . These people know what they are talking about. Post the vet estimates or bill on your accounts everywhere. Cover your name and address and phone if you do it on here.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn’t know gofundme takes a portion, it really is my last resort. I would never ask anyone for financial assistance, but this is a really hard time of need for me. I didn’t know where else to turn.
:alright: You turned to the right place! Nobody will judge you here - you are not asking for frivolous things. We are TCS family and I, for one, am honored that you reached out to us. :grouphug::heartshape::cheerleader:
And give yourself a pat on the back for rescuing your kitty! Never accept criticism from anyone saying you do too much for a cat! God gave a good heart that even the scoffers often benefit from - just as they benefit from the rest of us here.
And any updates on the little patient? Continuing my prayers & vibes! ~ Susan
:vibes::vibes::vibes:

annguyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, quick update. Thanks a ton to Jcatbird Jcatbird , I stopped by the shelter I was at yesterday and received some pain meds and some critical care food for nugget. I’ll be monitoring him for the next few days and will be going for more xrays. If it wasn’t for each one of you helping me out, I would’ve by now at this point surrendered him. I’m so happy he seems to be turning around, he’s finally eating and limping around a little bit. The vet he saw today said he seems to be doing good, all things considered. Praying for the best possible outcome. Thank you all again, will continue to keep you updated!

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness!!!!! That’s the best news ever! Sometimes the people here can help. I’m glad a few calls made a difference for you and Nugget. The right vet care is so important. You just keep being the great Mom you are! We’ll have you both in our thoughts as you work through this.:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a great site! Without it I would never have known about Nugget. All I did was look into the issues and take the time to make phone calls. It takes a group effort to really help. When people work together, good things start to happen. We all want Nugget to be okay. We’ll be keeping Mom and kitty in our thoughts.

annguyen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just wanted to drop a picture really quick, taking nug to get some more xrays today. Will come back and update afterwards.

Attachments