Fibrosarcoma, Intermediate Grade. Feline Injection Site Sarcoma

ara11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello dear friends,
I am so sorry to be back here ("Difficult ethical question on euthanasia..." was my former thread about my precious Puma who passed March 6). Unbelievably Luna, my other cat, had a lump a 2-3 months ago that turned out by pathology report received today to be malignant sarcoma. Right at the site where her last vaccine a year ago was …..no blame , no nothing.... I'm in empty shock now .

I've read whatever I can find online in veterinary studies, which change as they learn more, just as human cancer therapy changes all the time. I worked as a nurse practitioner for many years so I understand a bit, even how life isn't fair and now my 2nd beloved cat is on count down.

I should say, she is fine right this minute. The tumor was removed and her entire upper spine is stapled and a bit of her front shoulder muscle too is removed. But she jumps and eats and is the wonderful cat she was as she tries to get better. I am to consult with the oncologist in 2 weeks and will go from there. Right now, I don't need more information, but this group was so supportive previously. I cant bear this pain of mine, so am turning to you all simply for a virtual hug? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ara11

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that is something I never knew. Are you suggesting it for my sweet Luna? (or me):(
I will read up on it.