Feral Momma Issues

dawn harvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have an older feral mommy on my porch with 4 kittens. That's fine except for 1 thing, she is keeping the other cats away from the food. It is about the only place I can feed them as the weather here has been rain off and on for days. What do I do? They need to eat too!!!! If anyone can help please do.

Rachel Warner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is she letting the other cats near her and kittens ? Seems like you might want to bring mama and kittens in so the other cats don't hurt her or the babies...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dawn harvey

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't, I have 6 animals inside. 2 dogs and 4 cats and I already have a problem inside with a couple not getting along. I just cannot do that. No, she is not letting them near her kittens and she's hissing and growling at all the other cats that have been eating here for a long time.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi, I have an older feral mommy on my porch with 4 kittens. That's fine except for 1 thing, she is keeping the other cats away from the food. It is about the only place I can feed them as the weather here has been rain off and on for days. What do I do? They need to eat too!!!! If anyone can help please do.
Can you say like have two feeding stations? Feed momma and kittens on your porch and the rest a distance away at another part of your house and feed them only when there's no rain?

Or line a temporary barrier to separate them while they eat?