Feral De-wormed With Drontel? Saw Dead Ones

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the discounts are usually for when the cat is still outside, a hissing/wild feral that you trap in a trap and bring it in the next day, then release back outside. When you bring them inside and they start to wind down and become friendlier towards you, then they consider that your cat, and no discount anymore. I think they do everything for like $50 if they are still feral. But you can still find a low-cost clinic. Here's the prices at the clinic I go to:
Spay: $145
Neuter: $65
Rabies Shot: $16
FVRCP Distemper Shot: $16
Drontal Cat: $8 per pill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of her spots, on top of crate which I'll need to get her "in"
Thank you for your care

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im
R RLG

Go ahead and give the drontal now to get rid of any more worms or larvae.

I suspect the diarrhea is from the worms. She may also need an antibiotic such as Albon to clear any bacterial infection in her gastro-intestinal tract. The rust color is likely a bit of blood from irritation from the worms.
I'm giving it tonight. Thanks

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got almost all the pill inside her through various disguise methods-not easy. The drantel

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Goldie seems sleepy today after the de-worming

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I imagine those were roundworms and if they are like giving Drontal to a dog, which I went through recently, the darn things are not dead when you see them expelled like that. The drug paralyses them so they detach from the intestinal wall and they still can't move when deposited outside the body, but are alive. Yuck. I never knew that. As per my Vet.

Hopefully my dogs deposit froze, they were in snow. But it can take a while for them to die, and then the stuff probably contained eggs too which are quite hardy. DArn things. BE sure to keep poops cleaned up. My dog had to go through a second dose of a different med as he somehow reinfected himself.

RLG

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's not unusual.

How are her poops?
Better, I think there was some loose but also well formed
She's eating some grain free blue chicken pate n a bit of good dry