Feral Cat Is Missing

ca052477

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My feral cat has been missing for 9 days. He isn't neutered as he will not go into a trap. I'm trying my best to get him and even plan on bringing him into my home. He's gone missing before, but he usually disappears for a few days before being gone this long. He missed a day here and there this summer, but never this long. Any suggestions? I'm worried sick and I've been out calling him every night. I posted flyers in the surrounding area.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello ca052477 ca052477 , welcome to TCS :wave3:

Your feral cat could have gone out to find a mate since you have been calling out for him and have not spotted him nearby and since he's not neutered and he could have wandered pretty far. So let's hope he returns soon.

Keep us posted please.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
The feral cats I care for used to take off for months at a time before they were neutered. Try not to worry about him too much, he might be off hunting or looking for a mate.

Are there any other feral colonies in your area? He might have joined one of those. Try posting fliers in parks or other places feral cats live. Another feral caretaker may see him with their cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ca052477

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The feral cats I care for used to take off for months at a time before they were neutered. Try not to worry about him too much, he might be off hunting or looking for a mate.

Are there any other feral colonies in your area? He might have joined one of those. Try posting fliers in parks or other places feral cats live. Another feral caretaker may see him with their cats.
I've been asking around to see if anyone nearby feeds cats. The problem is I cannot go onto the property where he used to spend a lot of his time. I used to live in the apartment complex and got I trouble for feeding the ferals and had to leave. I took all of them (8 total) with me, but could not get this one. I'm just worried sick about him. It's so sad because I finally bought a house and I'm able to take him with me. I was staying with my mother (and my 8 cats). She would not allow any more. Now that I can take him, he's gone.