Feral Advice

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angela15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy Holidays all!
Catarina had the run of the house all day yesterday when we were out and was an angel! She was waiting in the bay window when we pulled into the driveway! My goal this week since I’ll be home is to keep her out 24/7

Hope everyone has a wonderful holiday :)

millieandmilo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you are right about waiting on that. It is rare for a cat to injure themselves due to overgrown claws, although it can happen. At this point, I'd be more worried about traumatizing her at this stage of her integrating into the house.
the stray i have adopted is finally letting me pet her but when i stoop to do so, she sometimes puts her paws on my thighs with claws extended and is leaving marks. is she trying to use me as a scratching post? she doesn't really "scratch" per se because I quickly move so she doesn't full fledge scratch me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angela15

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the stray i have adopted is finally letting me pet her but when i stoop to do so, she sometimes puts her paws on my thighs with claws extended and is leaving marks. is she trying to use me as a scratching post? she doesn't really "scratch" per se because I quickly move so she doesn't full fledge scratch me!

I noticed that the more Catarina began to use her scratching post, the less her claws got caught in things. Do you think you could introduce a scratching post to your kitty? Catarina just seemed to know exactly what to do with it (hers is part of her condo)