Female Cat With On An Off Crying Eye.

Athenaglaukopis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so my fluffy girl has diabetes in remission, stomatitis and no teeth.
For the past few months I’ve seen her left eye “crying” on and off. It would do it one day the. Gone for a week and so on.
I thought it was related to her teeth infection, but after surgery and the med, it still happens. The vet told me that some cats that have herpes do this.she is in Greta health and we have been to the vet about 5 times in the past month and a half (due to see above)
The question is, is there anything I can give her to try to get that eye some relief when it happens? Also plz be mindful this is a diabetic cat and many of the supplement gels out there contain sweet stuff tha she can’t have.

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi.

Your Vet mentioned herpesvirus.....it may be causing this.

You could try L-lysine and see if the tearing diminishes/stops. L-lysine is safe to use in diabetic cats and there is no danger generally, even if there's no herpes present.

I gave you information about dosages in your other thread. You should probably start with lysine. If it isn't effective, you could add in the Bovine Lactoferrin.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m managing my cats’ herpes (and calicivirus) with probiotics with l.acidophilus strain, with great success, they stopped crying completely. I don’t know if it affects your cat’s conditions though, I’d ask vet. Currently I use this product:
Pet Ultimates Probiotics for Cats - 20 Species - Stops Diarrhea & Vomiting, Cuts Litterbox Smell