Female Cat Keeps Screaming!

rachie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!
My 9 month old female cat who has been spayed keeps going into another room and making loud screaming high pitched noises. Sometimes they had deep and hollow too...I kept thinking she seems like she's in heat. But I rechecked with my vet to see if they'd taken all of her female parts, they didn't leave anything. Anyhow, she has a male sibling that lives her with us, (same litter) and he kinda just looks at her when she does this. He'll follow where she goes to do her yelling...out of concern I guess but he won't react. He's also been neutered. I've also worried if she may be sick. I had asked my vet about that too. She said that it sounds like she just is having behavioral issues and hopefully it's a passing phase. Any suggestions?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is everything going okay in the litter box? Is she urinating okay? Is she constipated at all?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello rachie, your kitty sounds like she's seeking attention. She probably wants something.

Is she eating well? Using the litter box normally and walking or running normally? If it's yes to all these, I wouldn't be of much concern. She's just being herself.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like she has entered the Teenage Mutant Ninja Cat phase. Cats behave really weirdly for a few months of adolescence. Some more than others.

Since she's obviously seen the vet in the last few months, I'd tend to agree with your vet that this is just a phase.

Give her plenty of play sessions, good food, fresh water and lots of love. Earplugs might also help. For you. Not the cat.