Vegetarian & Vegan Food and Lifestyle

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two bags of Thomas bagels my sister brought for me last week. I am not going to eat them until I write them and ask if they are vegetarian. They won't tell you in the ingredients if they contain feathers. If they won't reply I will give them to the raccoons and will never buy any of their products again. Just like Campbell original soups will not tell you why their soups are not vegetarian.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just like Campbell original soups will not tell you why their soups are not vegetarian.
Huh?! Is their tomato soup vegetarian? I gotta go look at the ingredients, haven't had it in a while...

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh?! Is their tomato soup vegetarian? I gotta go look at the ingredients, haven't had it in a while...
We have had this discussion before. Their original tomato soup is not vegetarian the last time I checked with them. THEY WILL NOT TELL YOU THAT IN THE INGREDIENTS. If you want to know for sure you will have to either call them or write to them. Trying to get information from them is like pulling teeth. They told me that the only original vegetarian soup is their vegetarian vegetable soup.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm, this says that Campbell's tweeted that tomato soup IS vegetarian. It's from 2018 so it should be up-to-date. Of course the cream of tomato soup isn't vegan but it is vegetarian.
Is Campbell's Tomato Soup Vegan? (What You Should Know...)

It also looks like their Well Yes line has a lot of vegetarian options:
Vegetarian Soups - Well Yes
Yes a lot of their Well Yes line has a lot of vegetarian options. They told me that their original soups were not vegetarian. I am done with the subject.

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes a lot of their Well Yes line has a lot of vegetarian options. They told me that their original soups were not vegetarian. I am done with the subject.
There are too many other options to pick from so I don't need to worry about Campbell soups.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Progresso soups the best. Some of those are labeled vegetarian.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
From now on I am only eating Pacific and Amy's soups. I know they are vegetarian, healthy and delicious. I will never again eat Campbell's or Progresso because I do not trust them and they are not that healthy.
I've never tried the Pacific soups but I agree about the Amy's. They are very good. Most Amy's products are though.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm really loving this bag of flax seeds that I found in the freezer. I love the flavor and crunch. I put a Tablespoon in everything. Are these high in protein? Or is it just omegas?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Probably would have to eat a ton to get much protein, but not really sure.

Here's some info though from World's Healthiest Foods website: Flaxseeds

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So you might want to run them through the food processor a little for maximum benefit.
They look pretty small. Maybe they are already crushed? Do you have a pic of what they look like whole?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Mine are definitely ground then! They are really small.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Flaxseeds are pretty small (that picture makes them look big!). But if they're oval and shiny, they aren't ground. Ground flaxseeds would look like coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ground flaxseeds would look like coffee.
I told you guys this house is like a grocery store. My mom actually has some ground flax in little packets. So I will try it tomorrow and compare. The thing I like about these whole seeds though is the crunch.