Feliway

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So for the past year and change I have been using Comfort Zone diffusers to help keep my little darlings calm. However they recently changed the formula/diffusers and I am reading lots of mixed reviews on amazon about them. Anyone have any experience with the new model? Is there another brand that might be better? Is the Ceva brand kind good? I am a little scared because I don't want to upset the apple cart but I just can't seem to find the old formula anymore and I am reaching the end of my stock...
Thanks all!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I just wanted to mention - you knew feliway and comfort zone aren't the same product?

Comfort Zone finally stopped making references to Feliway on their packaging at some point, although I see they (still? ...where this came from I'm not sure - I'm thinking this particular amazon product is fake) mention feliway in their product blurb on Amazon.

Ceva Sante Animale is the owner of feliway--feliway is the trademark name Ceva uses.

In any case, I have a package of two refills that I got last year for Comfort Zone if that ends up being helpful although I'd probably ask $22 for the package. My boy actually seems to react better to CZ than feliway :) but I accidentally purchased the refills and don't particularly need them.

5 Best Calming Products for Cats - Mar. 2019 - BestReviews

You could take a look at these, and I'd strongly suggest not purchasing any of these products from Amazon. They say they're starting to address the issue of fake third party sellers but it's actually up to the original product sellers to flag the fakes so it'll be a while, and maybe never, before the fakes are weeded out.

Last edited:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve used Feliway for years. And then it seemed to become Comfort Zone with Feliway. And then there were two different products: Comfort Zone (with no mention of Feliway) and Feliway. After lots of reading, here’s what I think happened.

Ceva, the company, developed an artificial feline calming pheromone it called Feliway. At first, it was the sole distributor. Then it appears that it licensed the pheromone to another company that marketed it as Comfort Zone with Feliway. It’s possible that Comfort Zone added other ingredients as well.

At some point, Comfort Zone and Ceva parted ways, and Comfort Zone created its own product without the original Feliway pheromone. Ceva went back to being the sole seller of its proprietary Feliway products, which now include the original “Classic” calming pheromone, the Multicat version for aggression, the Feliway spray, and Feliscratch. They’d also sell Adaptil for puppies and dogs.

I’m careful to buy the original Feliway. The Comfort Zone might work—or not—but Feliway Classic and Feliway Multicat have been very effective for my girls. And the Feliway spray saved my carpets, rugs, and chairs when I adopted Mocha who didn’t understand the concept of scratching posts for the first six to eight months of living with us!

It very much depends on the cat as to whether these products work or not. So if Comfort Zone isn’t working, you might try Feliway.

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used both the Feliway multi cat and the Comfort zone multi cat. I have 6 cats and need it to help keep them all calm. I notice right away when the product is to the end and needs refilled. I buy the Comfort Zone on Chewy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lre17

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
if the offer still stands I would love to take those refills off your hands!

Hi! I just wanted to mention - you knew feliway and comfort zone aren't the same product?

Comfort Zone finally stopped making references to Feliway on their packaging at some point, although I see they (still? ...where this came from I'm not sure - I'm thinking this particular amazon product is fake) mention feliway in their product blurb on Amazon.

Ceva Sante Animale is the owner of feliway--feliway is the trademark name Ceva uses.

In any case, I have a package of two refills that I got last year for Comfort Zone if that ends up being helpful although I'd probably ask $22 for the package. My boy actually seems to react better to CZ than feliway :) but I accidentally purchased the refills and don't particularly need them.

5 Best Calming Products for Cats - Mar. 2019 - BestReviews

You could take a look at these, and I'd strongly suggest not purchasing any of these products from Amazon. They say they're starting to address the issue of fake third party sellers but it's actually up to the original product sellers to flag the fakes so it'll be a while, and maybe never, before the fakes are weeded out.

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I’ve used Feliway for years. And then it seemed to become Comfort Zone with Feliway. And then there were two different products: Comfort Zone (with no mention of Feliway) and Feliway. After lots of reading, here’s what I think happened.

Ceva, the company, developed an artificial feline calming pheromone it called Feliway. At first, it was the sole distributor. Then it appears that it licensed the pheromone to another company that marketed it as Comfort Zone with Feliway. It’s possible that Comfort Zone added other ingredients as well.

At some point, Comfort Zone and Ceva parted ways, and Comfort Zone created its own product without the original Feliway pheromone. Ceva went back to being the sole seller of its proprietary Feliway products, which now include the original “Classic” calming pheromone, the Multicat version for aggression, the Feliway spray, and Feliscratch. They’d also sell Adaptil for puppies and dogs.

I’m careful to buy the original Feliway. The Comfort Zone might work—or not—but Feliway Classic and Feliway Multicat have been very effective for my girls. And the Feliway spray saved my carpets, rugs, and chairs when I adopted Mocha who didn’t understand the concept of scratching posts for the first six to eight months of living with us!

It very much depends on the cat as to whether these products work or not. So if Comfort Zone isn’t working, you might try Feliway.
Yes, that is exactly what happened. I called the company when the change took place.