Feline aortic thromboembolism (FATE) or saddle thrombus

Shipish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I have a Bengal cat who is 5 years old, she was diagnosed with a systolic anterior motion (SAM) of the mitral valve causing a severe left ventricular outflow tract obstruction often caused by hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (HCM) and is on medication for it.

About a month ago, I woke up and she couldn't walk (her back legs weren't working), I immediately rushed her to the vet and they referred us to the specialized hospital they said since her back legs are improving it was most likely a nerve pinch. A few days ago it happened again but it was worst this time, she was hospitalized for two days and since she isn't in severe pain they suggested I keep monitoring her at home. She is on anticoagulation meds along with pain meds and etc.

It is so difficult to watch her quality of life be affected this severely, and I keep trying to read more about success stories and I came across this one Success Stories – Companion Animal Hospital . I am just wondering if there are any other pet owners who have gone through this and what their experiences are.

I just need a glimpse of hope, I am realistic about how bad this diagnosis is but a bit of hope would be helpful.

If you need more information about the medication or anything, please let me know!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. This TCS thread has both good and bad stories, but I thought you might like to take a look nonetheless. The OP who started the post in 2020, reported in 2022 that their cat was still going strong. Though, I don't know if they are still active on this site to see how things are going now.
Saddle Thrombus / Feline Aortic Thromboembolism / FATE | TheCatSite

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shipish

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise