feline alarmclock

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How does your cats wake you up in the morning? My "miss kissy"  has realized that the best way is to be so cuddly and so sweet and to purr that special way she does only when it is so nice that she hardly can stand it. It might be four in the morning, and fall for it every time! She kisses and head bumpes me and I and just enjoy it. 

The finale of it all is when she falls down on my chest, exposes her belly and purrs lika crazy. And who am I not to rub that belly?? (even if i have my face full of cat hair? And have to keep my head in a very weird angle...)

But.... I get up in the morning only when I had planned- although perhaps bit more tired than I had planned.... 

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ritz jumps on my bed, usually I can feel it.
Or if not, she simply stares at me, willing me to wake up!
Or meows.
This, at 3 a.m. in the morning. If it is 2:30, I say "it's too earrrlllyy". Honestly, I think she understands, and lets me sleep another 15 to 30 minutes.
Sometimes she is in the mood for a cuddle. Other times, she'll wait while I'm doing some physical therapy exercises on the floor, comes over and ploops herself down beside me, exposing her belly for a belly rub. And you know what I'd rather do!

ryan glenn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Morticia (Or baby kitty as she is known in my house) likes to kneed my chest, purr like crazy, and head bump me until I wake up. If I don't then she will repeat this about every three minuets until I do. 

jaosf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Unlike any other cat I have lived with, Holly AKA "Puppy-cat" does not meow to wake us.  She jumps up and burrows her purring little head under the blanket and licks our faces, ears, hair-line until somebody gives in and gets up.  Her tongue is raspy, it starts to hurt very soon and so somebody is up to feed her!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
lovely to hear what happens in the morning at your house! Today my kitty decided she had been very patient and tried to get me out of bed with a very determined meooooow! Well....she had go get up in bed again and kiss a few times before I gave in :)

hagen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
each day my cat sit on my chest and tries to show me how hungry he is. I would be ok, but his weight is 8 kg:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cicoccabim

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
how do you breathe?? ;)

jaosf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh, Hagen, 8kg.  One of my Rainbow kitties was that size too and he loved sitting on your chest.  Your poor ribs and lungs.

Cicoccabim your kitty sounds so sweet. 
Holly was brattier this morning, she woke me with a flying leap from her perch 3 feet above the bed and landed square on my gut.  My bladder and I do not need that kind of shock first thing!

caralian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Anyon will walk into the bedroom meowing at around 3am. Then he sits next to the bed, still meowing, until I wake up. Then he'll meow some more until I turn onto my side into the foetus position. Then he will lay with his head on my pillow, in the hollow of my belly. Purring like crazy, and eventually he will fall asleep with me. Then, at approx. 5am Eleni will jump on the bed, purring like crazy and will start to either kneed on top of me or groom my hair., which wakes me up. And by then I cannot go back to sleep anymore (they won't let me!), so I just lay there cuddling with my two babies. :)

I find myself amazed at the fact that I don't really suffer from lack of sleep, even though I get woken up every night, but I guess most cat lovers love to be woken up by their cats. :D

katocats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of our cats  Komere is our alarm clock, every morning at five a.m. I get my face and hand groomed whether I want them groomed or not
  she then dose her cat dance on my pillow, purrs loudly before snuggling down next to my chest for the next hour or so
 never had a cat like her before.

jaosf

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Anyon will walk into the bedroom meowing at around 3am. Then he sits next to the bed, still meowing, until I wake up. Then he'll meow some more until I turn onto my side into the foetus position. Then he will lay with his head on my pillow, in the hollow of my belly. Purring like crazy, and eventually he will fall asleep with me. Then, at approx. 5am Eleni will jump on the bed, purring like crazy and will start to either kneed on top of me or groom my hair., which wakes me up. And by then I cannot go back to sleep anymore (they won't let me!), so I just lay there cuddling with my two babies. :)

I find myself amazed at the fact that I don't really suffer from lack of sleep, even though I get woken up every night, but I guess most cat lovers love to be woken up by their cats. :D
My Will
used to do a variation of what Anyon does, though he normally waited until around 4:45 to start the meowing entrance, and would curl up next to my head to wait for me to get up.  In winter he would wait until 6:30 or so first light. I drank a lot of coffee with him!  

One of our cats  Komere is our alarm clock, every morning at five a.m. I get my face and hand groomed whether I want them groomed or not
  she then dose her cat dance on my pillow, purrs loudly before snuggling down next to my chest for the next hour or so
 never had a cat like her before.
Aw.  Komere sounds very sweet, except possibly for the earliness of the hour she chooses.  Holly is a big human groomer too, and doesn't stop when it starts to hurt. 

chloejune

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
chloe, my cat, changes her style from kneading to (lately) jumping on my bed and then launching off my bed by vaulting over my body. she seems to understand how annoying (read, effective) this brattiness and so she does it. :)

caralian

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just realized how weird it must be for cats to see us unconscious for such long times, as they themselves obviously prefer to take short naps. Perhaps that's why they love waking us up. Kind of the same principle as bringing us their caught prey: to show us how it's done! ;)