Feeding Two Big Boys

rayne

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I adopted two 13 month old brothers from a local rescue, these boys are big! when i weighed them they were 15lbs and 16lbs, they also seem very tall to me ( maybe its just that my last baby was small) couldnt get a nose to tail measure, but just sitting from floor to top of head they are 15 and 17 inches tall. The tallest one loves wet food and will inhale it, the smaller is more of a snacker...eats a few bites, "covers it" and then will come back and have a bite, etc. problem is big boy will find his covered food and inhale that as well, I've tried feeding in different rooms but by the time the little one has had two bites the big one has already cleaned his plate and will go find the others plate. I do free feed dry food at the moment so little guy does eat, just wondering if there is a solution, so they both get wet food

mjhenn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have a cat who inhales her wetfood as well and can bother her "brother" when shes done and it has been a problem for him and we got a bowl to slow her down. We've also had her puke up her entire meal because she ate it so fast. So we heat their food up in the microwave (we have always done this since the wet food comes out of the refrigerator and I've read food that cold can mess with their stomach) and then mix Marcy's food with some water and put it in a bowl that looks like this. It has slowed her down considerably and he actually finishes before her now.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You can also try puzzle bowls for your rapid eater. That will slow him down enough that the "I'm full" signals have time to reach his brain, AND give his brother more time to eat.