Favorite toy

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What is your cats favorite house hold toy or store bought toy?

Just looking for ideas from personal experience

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I tried that it worked for a while then he lost interest. He would go crazy but not anymore

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat springs are a favorite, not just of Willow but also of other cats that have lived in my household. Willow is also crazy about sparkly puff balls and any kind of ball including golf balls.

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Keep the suggestions coming!

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Charlie's not much for toys, but Selene is OBSESSED with a coil toy I got from Walmart. It's the biggest hit with her.

This isn't exactly it, but it's very similar-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HMPX69D/?tag=thecatsite
Delilah is OBSESSED with those springs! I found about 25 of them in the closets where she knocked them under the doors. Saves me from buying another bag. There have to be around 100 somewhere around my apartment.

She also loves pipe cleaners.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Delilah is OBSESSED with those springs! I found about 25 of them in the closets where she knocked them under the doors. Saves me from buying another bag. There have to be around 100 somewhere around my apartment.

She also loves pipe cleaners.
I have to wonder how many toys are under my couch :lol:

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He used to like the springs but now not really. Can I get him to like them again?

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan likes sparkle balls, her catnip rainbow, and the pet fit for life wand toy with the fuzzy tail attachment. She also likes q tips and bottle caps.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just bought some springs for Boone and Gracie's upcoming birthday. I hope they enjoy them as much as it seems like they will.

As far as favorite toys...
Gracie- her felt mice. Boone has a puff ball that he chewed off the cat tree. They both enjoy playing with water bottle tops, Pringles tops, TP rolls, paper towel rolls, and ripping up anything paper.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I throw them out when she's done batting them around. The only things she really bites are her catnip toys and sparkle balls.

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ah okay! My cat truly one true favorite toy are head bands but unfortunately he tries to eat them so that's a no no

mrw5641

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hair ties I mean

jersharocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ah okay! My cat truly one true favorite toy are head bands but unfortunately he tries to eat them so that's a no no
Hair ties I mean
So let's assume he likes small round stretchy things

The Cat Dancer Chasers might be a good option: chaser 6 pack - Cat Dancer Products

If it's the shape he likes, these might work: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000256CG4/?tag=thecatsite

They're similar to a milk jug ring but sturdier and I think they stretch a little bit based on reviews.

As for personal experience, I have had excellent luck getting shy and lazy kitties to play with the Cat Charmer wand: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007VPFC8C/?tag=thecatsite

Chewy has their own version that's cheaper and probably exactly the same: FRISCO Fabric Teaser Cat Toy, Neon Bubbles - Chewy.com

100% worth the money IMO. Try out lots of different techniques to see if any pique his interest. Try flicking the end up and down, side to side, slow, fast, around corners, into boxes, etc. If you give it time, you'll figure out what he likes which can help narrow down what types of toys to get in the future.

If he likes the wand, another great option is the Pet Fit for Life wand: PET FIT FOR LIFE 5 Piece Squiggly Worm Wand Cat Toy - Chewy.com

I tried one of these at a cat café and immediately went home and bought one for my girls. You can buy all sorts of attachments and swap them out on the fly. Very well made and like most wand toys, most cats seem to like it. My girls like the wiggle worms and the feathers, I am planning on buying more attachments with my next Chewy order.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow is really my only cat that pays with toys. She LOVES these balls:
50237D79-0183-4C13-BF0E-01D88BD5811D.jpeg

She loves the sound that the bell makes, too.