Fat Cat

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I need some advise please.

My almost 3 year old cat, Graci, has gotten like really really fat!!! I did change her about 2 months ago to IAMS cat food to help reduce her poop and smell, which it has BUT, she eats my other cats food whenever she can and I know this is the culprit but I don't know how to even begin to keep them separate. They are both pretty much inside cats (Graci is scared to death of our outside cat) but Cloey is my diabetic cat and I have to leave kitten food out for her which is what Graci will clean up, or if Cloey doesn't eat all her can food Graci will clean that up also. Graci is not very active cause she doesn't go out much but my gosh she has just ballooned up!!!! When I do catch Graci cleaning out Cloey's dish I will move her away from it. Any suggestions?????

Cathy

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the ways is to go to Walmart and look for a nice big rubbermaid plastic container with secure lid big enough for Cloey to fit in without being squished. Also go and get some screen material that will fit over about half of the top of this container. Take this home, cut a hole in the side of the bin big enough for only cloey, cut a large hole in the top of the lid (for air) and place the screening around the hole at the top, duct tape the screening around the edges. Spray the inside of the tub with Feliway spray (just to get the nasty smell of new plastic to go away) and use this as the feeding station for Cloey. Take the lid off, put the food inside in a bowl, and then put cloey inside, replace the lid. That's why you want a BIG container.Graci won't be able to get through the hole- but Cloey will. Also take some duct tape and put it around the outside edges of the entrance hole, so the cat won't cut herself passing back and forth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Has anyone told you how smart you are?????
Great idea!!! Cloey doesn't need much to squeese into so I'm sure Graci would NOT fit, she might get stuck....hehe! Now, should I change Graci's to diet food??? Which would you prefer? Or, do you have a preference in the food?

Thanks!
Cathy