Fast Eater

Wheekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My Princess is one of those fast eaters. Almost every time she eats...she vomits a little...and you can tell it hasn't been chewed! Wet food...dry food...food for sensitive stomachs....doesn't matter.

I've even tried some slow eating bowls. They didn't help. But maybe I didn't try the right kind!

Any suggestions? Either bowls you like or any other tips are welcome!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
a few things i have found that works for my cat.

I keep Dr. Elseys dry out at all times, In a flat plate, only one layer of kibble deep, it makes him slow down more than a bowl. and for my guy smaller kibble works better.

I feed 2 wet meals per day. I try to keep to the same time, if he gets too hungry he eats to fast. My guy eats shreds, so i chop them up a bit, keeping them smaller in size. again i feed on a flat plate and spread them out a bit, no big lump of food.

Good luck, i have found these things work for us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wheekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wheekie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
a few things i have found that works for my cat.

I keep Dr. Elseys dry out at all times, In a flat plate, only one layer of kibble deep, it makes him slow down more than a bowl. and for my guy smaller kibble works better.

I feed 2 wet meals per day. I try to keep to the same time, if he gets too hungry he eats to fast. My guy eats shreds, so i chop them up a bit, keeping them smaller in size. again i feed on a flat plate and spread them out a bit, no big lump of food.

Good luck, i have found these things work for us.
All I can find on the internet is Dr Elseys Cat Litter! Where do I get food?

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We also have a cat who eats too fast and then regurgitates it. The things that help are feeding five small meals a day, spreading her food out on her dish, and raising her dish (we built little feeding platforms). We also find that it's important not to feed the cats when they're worked up. Our cat who usually doesn't scarf and barf has had a couple of regurgitation incidents in the last week, likely caused by an ongoing turf war over a small rug.

If Princess is a rescue who might have been underfed (as ours definitely were), she might still have food insecurities. We've had our cats for about 4.5 years but the one who eats very quickly still seems affected.