Fancy Feast?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[...] the fact that those brands are considered junk food aren't my own words, they are words of many people everywhere.[...]
Honestly, the idea of cheaper brands being "junk food" is something that the pet food companies themselves are happy for you to believe, so that they can sell you expensive premium food and you can pat yourself on the back for not feeding "junk food." The same big companies sell both cheap and expensive foods.

divyanka2111

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Honestly, the idea of cheaper brands being "junk food" is something that the pet food companies themselves are happy for you to believe, so that they can sell you expensive premium food and you can pat yourself on the back for not feeding "junk food." The same big companies sell both cheap and expensive foods.
Thanks for letting me know. I know that is the case sometimes for some foods, and that overpricing the premium food is nasty, but I like to stay extra cautious and rather avoid the cheap food. Many of them contain artificial colours and flavours.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE -

This thread has been heavily edited with many posts being deleted. There is a lot of good information in this thread so the editing was done instead of removing it entirely.

What food is best for your cat? The food that your cat thrives on, that they will actually eat and that you can afford. While some options may be better than others, they may not be affordable to some or the cat may have medical issues that make it not an option. What works for your cat could kill my cat.

Nutrition is such a sensitive subject for so many and we all want to do best for our cat. There is a way to suggest other options and be respectful.