Ez Complete issue

duncansmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My IBD cat has been doing really well on homecooked chicken and turkey with EZ Complete added, but he's now reacting to, I think, the EZ Complete. He's had some horrible diarrhea and it goes away when I stop the EZ complete. I'm still testing my theory it is the EZ Complete. Anyway, I'm wondering if I could replace the EZ Complete with cooked chicken liver, taurine, and eggs shell calcium? I want to keep it with as few supplements and ingredients as possible to see just what the heck it is that is setting him off. He's an indoor only cat, has issues with urinary crystals and IBD (on commercial foods). I'm concerned that perhaps we could be getting to end-stage IBD/Cancer or something, but knowing his history of reacting badly to ingredients, I hope we can find something to turn to.

It has occurred to me that I got a bad batch of EZ Complete, but I'd hate to waste 50+ dollars testing that theory.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duncansmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I should mention this cat develops diarrhea in response to all kinds of things: dry food, treats, any commercial food, dehydrated chicken breast but he's fine with cooked chicken. I was giving him bonita flakes as treats, but then the diarrhea came. But he also had 1/2 of a sort of treat I know will set him off. So many factors to work through with this guy.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm have you tried tc feline? It has bone instead of eggshell and they have one where you can choose the liver or use the dry beef liver one.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our cats vomits from EZ Complete. I'm pretty sure it's the green-lipped mussels in it. Like you, it took a lot of trial and error to figure out for sure that the EZ was the problem. It's a great supplement so I didn't want to stop using it!

Both our cats do great with Alnutrin (I use the one with egg shell calcium), though, which is also considerably cheaper. You do have to add liver, plus I also add fish oil, pumpkin puree, and an extra egg yolk to each pound of meat.

Good luck!