Eye Problem Is Still Here

Ashley23

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi guys. Took my girl to the vet a week ago and was prescribed erythromycin for 4 days and when the 4 days were done to do allergy pill for a week. Well Tuesday , ( oct 24 ) her eye began to be leaky and half closed and puffy again. So we started erythromycin again for 4 days.. the last day is tomorrow. The vet said if this doesn’t help then she will have to see an eye doctor most likely. Just wondering if other things can help before jumping to an eye doctor , and wondering if anyone’s had experience like this .

The vet did the dye test to rule out scratches . I’ve uploaded a few pictures .

The picture in the cage was when her eye was first bad and first brought to the vet .

Attachments

Fluff man doo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys. Took my girl to the vet a week ago and was prescribed erythromycin for 4 days and when the 4 days were done to do allergy pill for a week. Well Tuesday , ( oct 24 ) her eye began to be leaky and half closed and puffy again. So we started erythromycin again for 4 days.. the last day is tomorrow. The vet said if this doesn’t help then she will have to see an eye doctor most likely. Just wondering if other things can help before jumping to an eye doctor , and wondering if anyone’s had experience like this .

The vet did the dye test to rule out scratches . I’ve uploaded a few pictures .

The picture in the cage was when her eye was first bad and first brought to the vet .
Has your cat had any swabs done to see if there is any bacteria? ... Antibiotics of choice where I am are chlorophemicol OR exorcin .... these seem to be prescribed as the first line of defence ?? Maybe you should ask your vet to do a culture of the eye goo to see what exactly it is that is causing it and then the right treatment can be given??