Eye Color Chart - What is your babies color?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Ghibli's eyes are almost clear/grey/ice blue. I've never seen such a color before. They are like white/grey/ice. Anyone know how I would classify this? Ice blue??
I call it "Lightning blue," and it is the exact color, or very nearly so, of a Siberian Husky's eyes.

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gabriel is light green, like the far left "green" on the bottom strip. Pythagoras is either hazel or dichronic. His eyes are golden with a bright green ring around the iris. Although it looks consistent in person, it doesn't seem to photograph well. In some pictures he looks all-golden and in some all-gold, but I don't know if I've gotten a picture where you can really see the distinct color bands like they look in person.

Last edited:

lonelocust

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gabriel is light green, like the far left "green" on the bottom strip. Pythagoras is either hazel or dichronic. His eyes or golden with a bright green ring around the iris. Although it looks consistent in person, it doesn't seem to photograph well. In some pictures he looks all-golden and in some all-gold, but I don't know if I've gotten a picture where you can really see the distinct color bands like they look in person.
And the pictures:
Gabriel's easy consistent green, the same across all lighting conditions.

Pythagoras' camera-defying dual colours.

grooverite

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the best picture that I have that is close up and shows his natural eye color in natural light......

......its def the ice blue color. So its unusual especially since I don't know what his breed is. I can only assume he is a mix of some grey/blue breed of cats.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

She's so beautiful.
Thank  you.  With my sons grown and gone, and my granddaughter over 500 miles away, and nothing but occasional phone calls due to hectic work schedules, this little one is my only "family," so to speak.  She's my heart and my soul.  I hope she lives to be 30!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love this thread too and will post some pics soon!

Amazing pics by everyone :-)

Elfilou

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Funny that I see this, I just posted in the other eye-related thread as well! Hmm!
Elfies eyes were blue/greenish when I got her at almost 10 weeks, she's almost 15 weeks now and they went from green, to yellow, orange, and now puppy brown.

I wonder if they're gonna get even darker.

Her eyes are wide open on this picture but theyre usually like in this second pic. Which was a few weeks ago when her eyes were still yellowy

She has the white parts in the corners often. I think they're lemon shaped, and I think Luna's are too! Luna's "white" parts are black though!
Not sure on the shape at all?

Last edited:

junglecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I know that Mocha's eyes have a greenish hue, but I'm not sure if there's a particular name for the color of her eyes...other than greenish or maybe yellowish?[emoji]9786[/emoji][emoji]9786[/emoji]

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver's eyes. I'm somewhat colour blind so I'll agree to anything said. View attachment 190552
mightyboosh mightyboosh - Oliver's eyes are hazel - typical for high quality, old bloodline Maine Coon Cats. As an aside, mine are hazel as well, though I'm neither high quality nor a Maine Coon Cat. I am old, however; that should surely count for something....

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have one with green eyes and one with yellow eyes. Lily is the first cat I've ever had with green eyes.