Even Mr. Bojangles Felt The Pain Of Grieving

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there are so many posts on here from those who are understandably just devastated at the loss of their beloved kitties and wondering why it hurts so badly, but I was just listening to a version of "Mr. Bojangles" and in that song they say he and his dog traveled across the South and then "the dog up and died.....after 20 years he still grieves", so see, it is quite normal and is very sweet that our heart holds onto love so long and so strong.....

I hope this is okay to post, I just want to try to comfort those who are hurting, I know how hard it is to deal with when they pass on, and I think having Sugar being so close to death after that horrible allergic reaction to anesthesia really opened my eyes to enjoy every day and moment with them, we do that already but that just really hit the fact home for me, such innocent little creatures of God and in our care.

God Bless, you are not alone in your grief, and you will see them again one day down the line and it will be so joyous.....:angel3: :rbheart: :hugs: :grouphug2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always tear up at that line, another one that makes me cry is Unchained Melody. Like I have said so many times before, we never get over our grief, we learn to get through it and live with it. None of us are guaranteed a tomorrow, so living and loving, right now, in the present, is of the upmost importance. Many of us don't realize what we had until it is gone, and that is heartbreaking in itself. Look around and gather all those you love and tell them what they mean to you. Give them a cuddle and kiss, it means more than you will ever know.....

wt1964

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's how I imagine I will be in 20 years. Still grieving for my Lucy. She and I "traveled 'round" even longer than Bojangles and his dog.