Escher

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dear friends lost their darling boy Escher today. Escher was 18 years old and had been suffering with acute arthritis and CRF in the last few years. Their vet was kind enough to come to their home to help him cross the bridge.

Escher, you cute little ragdoll boy! OK, you were really a BIG boy, but you will always be the little one to me. You brought your mom and dad so much joy over the years and we will all miss you terribly. You were in such pain the last few days and we are comforted that your pain is now gone. Let you romp with your pals Cumulus and Madison whom you lived with for all those years!

This is tough. They lost their 3 old cats in the last 4 years. A era has ended for them today and I sit here in pain for them. This was their child.

Please light a candle for Escher, Nancy and Doug tonight if you can find it in your hearts.

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest in peace, Escher. Truly one of the very lucky cats who's loved more than anything else in the world.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor guy, I'm sorry for your friend's loss....my thoughts and prayers are with them.
Rest In Piece Escher.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
R.I.P. Escher.

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's heartbreaking, please let them know someone's thinking of them in this hard time.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Amy,

Please tell your friends we are sorry for their cat's passing. It is so tough to have a group of pets around the same age - at least it was for me because they do seem to pass around the same time. I feel for them because it sounds as if it was their special boy.
How lucky they were that they got to share 18 years together.

Originally Posted by Momofmany

My dear friends lost their darling boy Escher today. Escher was 18 years old and had been suffering with acute arthritis and CRF in the last few years. Their vet was kind enough to come to their home to help him cross the bridge.

Escher, you cute little ragdoll boy! OK, you were really a BIG boy, but you will always be the little one to me. You brought your mom and dad so much joy over the years and we will all miss you terribly. You were in such pain the last few days and we are comforted that your pain is now gone. Let you romp with your pals Cumulus and Madison whom you lived with for all those years!

This is tough. They lost their 3 old cats in the last 4 years. A era has ended for them today and I sit here in pain for them. This was their child.

Please light a candle for Escher, Nancy and Doug tonight if you can find it in your hearts.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind words. They live 600 miles from us so we called them last night and probably talked for close to 4 hours. We cried, we laughed, we talked about things to distract us, and got thru the evening. This was a long time coming, but it didn't make it any easier for them.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about your friends cat. I hope that in time they get another one to fill the void that he surely left. I know how hard it is for them. You are a good friend to try to cheer them up. May God bless them and you. Hugs.