Error Pop Up Window Appeared While Replying A Thread

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Got this error pop up window while trying to reply to a thread. Never seen this message before. It appears after hitting the Post Reply button.

Surfing from iPad 100% and this is the first time encountering this :headscratch: :dunno:

6127BFA9-7C20-4451-9151-AFD6A415DFAA.png

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It seems to be OK on Chrome. I will try from my Ipad. What IOS are you using?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
IOS 11.1

I’m replying now from my iPhone and I can post reply here but it seems that if I don’t type a message and press post a reply, I get the error pop up window (iPad and iPhone)

Is it because it was Post Reply button was accidentally pressed without typing a message and therefore error message appears?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbytom

Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I was informed by our member @golondrina that she is seeing this same message.

She got an alert that says someone started following her and since she dosen’t know who the member was, so she click on the follower’s profile page to see who is it and she got this message.

I went to her profile page and tried clicking on the follower’s profile page, I get the same message too and I clicked on all her followers, I get the same message for another member. Total two members after clicking on the individual profile page.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've reported this, but can't duplicate it using two "regular member testing accounts". Both are able to read profile pages.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I just tried with a different profile and got the error when clicking on two of the members.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the testing and for your patience! We're looking into this. :geekcat:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Oh, and just wanted to clarify something. That message with links back to the site is just our "page not found" message. The idea is to direct visitors who got "lost" on the site to some of our content.
So, there's no connection between the first incident reported here and the second other than that in both cases the browser couldn't find the page it was looking for. :)