Emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am going to the vet this morning as soon as they open but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas. I fear the worst. Jasper had his ear polyp removed two days ago. They got most of it, and he is on methylprednisolone twice a day and a form of Baytril ear drops. I thought he was doing okay until last night. Well after I had given him the medicine, (and the recommended some Genteal eye drops so I gave him a little of that) he started meowing, so I gave him some Buprenex, which he has had before. He had eaten. He never settled down and would cry out some. It appears that he is urinating on himself or something because he is wet near his stomach area. I fear the worst. He is not eating this morning and is just lying around. I heard him cry a minute ago. He is responsive when I go to pet him.

BeccaCat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am going to the vet this morning as soon as they open but I wanted to see if anyone had ideas. I fear the worst. Jasper had his ear polyp removed two days ago. They got most of it, and he is on methylprednisolone twice a day and a form of Baytril ear drops. I thought he was doing okay until last night. Well after I had given him the medicine, (and the recommended some Genteal eye drops so I gave him a little of that) he started meowing, so I gave him some Buprenex, which he has had before. He had eaten. He never settled down and would cry out some. It appears that he is urinating on himself or something because he is wet near his stomach area. I fear the worst. He is not eating this morning and is just lying around. I heard him cry a minute ago. He is responsive when I go to pet him.
I'm so sorry you and he are going through this. Going to the vet is best. Hopefully it is something they can easily diagnose and help him with.
I'm struggling with a cat that won't eat as well. She was just at the vet last night and they did bloodwork and a urinalysis and gave her several shots. It is so frustrating. She is SO uncomfortable and just filled with gas. You can hear the gas just rumbling in her stomach. I'm frustrated because I can't believe there is no simple cure for cat gas, like the gas drops you'd give an infant. She's losing weight and it is very frustrating. So I am also questioning myself as to what I should do today.
But yes, back to Jasper, I'd definitely get the vets opinion. I hope he feels better very soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you and he are going through this. Going to the vet is best. Hopefully it is something they can easily diagnose and help him with.
I'm struggling with a cat that won't eat as well. She was just at the vet last night and they did bloodwork and a urinalysis and gave her several shots. It is so frustrating. She is SO uncomfortable and just filled with gas. You can hear the gas just rumbling in her stomach. I'm frustrated because I can't believe there is no simple cure for cat gas, like the gas drops you'd give an infant. She's losing weight and it is very frustrating. So I am also questioning myself as to what I should do today.
But yes, back to Jasper, I'd definitely get the vets opinion. I hope he feels better very soon.

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you, and I hope your baby feels much better too. It's devastating to go through this.

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We are here now waiting on the vet. His vitals are normal, the vet tech says, but he was drooling.

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am at work but he is still there. He is on oxygen and fluids. We don't know yet what happened. It might be a tumor. Thank you for your concern!

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. The vets think that it was a tumor or a brain infection based on what they saw and the radiology report. He was having seizures at the vet's, so I had him put down. I'm heartbroken.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Ohhhh. so sorry. We are here for you, if you want to say anything on the Crossing the Bridge thread.

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That might help. Thank you.

alana0011

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I appreciate this, and thank you. It was very sudden and unexpected. I can't believe it.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh no!!😿😿. I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful kitty. I hope you find some comfort in knowing you did everything you could and your decision was selfless and kind. I am truly sorry for your loss.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On behalf of the Site team, we are very sorry for your loss. :hugs: Threads are locked after such a loss as a sign of respect. When you feel up to it please consider starting a memorial thread in our Crossing the Bridge forum.

Rest in peace, Jasper. :rbheart:

Status
Not open for further replies.