Emergency! Sick kitten! Cannot see a Vet!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha she does, doesn't she? Her eyes are always so wide open and she's so curious :-) And yes she does! She likes to jump all over my bed and attack the sheets (and my feet!) when I get the bed ready, and then she snuggles up by my chest or by my face and yells at me until I stroke her so she falls asleep :-) Thankyou!!! It really is such a big improvement!!

Yes the antibiotics are still going on, I'm giving them twice a day and I think I'll continue them for another 10 days, or would it be better if I did it only for 7? Or maybe if I see if any more pus comes out when I squish her ear, and stop the antibiotics a few days after she doesn't have any pus? I'm not too sure.

Hm no, the lumps are the exact same colour as her skin and are attached to her skin too, would a polyp be attached to her skin as well or would that be easy to move around? It turns white and then turns pink again when you press it, just like her normal skin! I had a look at some ear-infections on the internets, and her's look nothing like that! She also doesn't have a head tilt or anything and her eyes respond well to light so I'm a little confused as to what the sausage-lump could be. Mum still isn't back yet, she's due tonight, so I'll talk with her about the vets tomorrow morning :-)
Are you sure their not part of her ears? Supposed to be there?,

When are your exams. Why are you doing them in Pakistan and not at home? Where do you live in England?

That'd a wonderful picture of her. She's lovely and white.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I would consult with a vet about the length of antibiotic.  More isn't necessarily better.  In other words if 10 days makes her so much better, that doesn't mean 20 days will make her perfect.  Too much antibiotic will destroy the intestinal flora and cause problems just like they do in humans (I would assume - but I'm not a vet).  I think she needs a probiotic following the antibiotic.  Vets are probably as clueless as human doctors regarding probiotics though.  

By the way, she looks great!  Good job!
Hmm oki, I'll probably be stopping the antibiotic today anyway, it's been a few days and there's been no pus coming out of her ear, so I'm hoping that the infection has stopped. Also, the lump on her ear is getting smaller! I noticed today, it's just by a little bit but it's an obvious change :-) Hmm maybe that's why her poops are soft... I'll stop the antibiotics and monitor her poops, hopefully they'll go back to normal or I'll have to tell Mum to take her to the vet.

Thankyou!! She's so much more cleaner and fluffier now, her fur is SO soft!
Are you sure their not part of her ears? Supposed to be there?,

When are your exams. Why are you doing them in Pakistan and not at home? Where do you live in England?

That'd a wonderful picture of her. She's lovely and white.
I don't think they're meant to be there, because they kind of make it difficult to see inside her ear, whereas her other ear is very easy to see into and doesn't have the lumps. Another user said it could be scar-tissue, and seeing as it isn't inflamed and doesn't hurt her, I think that's hopefully what it is. Would a polyp be inflamed and look 'out of place'? Would it be red and painful? Hmm, as long as it isn't bothering her I'll try not to worry.

And my exams have already started! I have one more on the 18th (tomorrow) and then I'm done with them. I need to revise for the SAT 2 though, so there's that as well. And I'm doing them here because I skipped a few years of school over here because I was much more clever than other kids my age. I /should/ be doing my GCSE's or O-Levels, but I completed them when I was 11-13 years old :-) I wasn't able to skip years over in England, so I came here instead. And I live in Birmingham, and Bradford (my Nan lives in Bradford and I used to go over there every half-term and summer holiday)

Thankyou!! :-)

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Okay she looks so stinkin cute oh my gosh, sporting her little jumper, stop it already!! Her little pink bunny nose......TOO cute!

I agree that her flora will be off, this happens because antibiotics kill off all bacteria including the good gut bacteria, so they need what's called a probiotic to get it balanced again.

The good part is it doesn't take a vet to fix, it can be bought over the counter.

I don't know that not seeing pus for only 3 days is quite long enough to stop the antibiotics just yet.

I might give it another 3 days or so then time to stop.

Just because in spite of not seeing anymore pus, you could stop just before all bacteria is gone, and it will end up coming back again, which we really don't want.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with Catwoman. Second round of antibiotics needs to be completed based on the entire situation. Stopping early is not recommended.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Okay she looks so stinkin cute oh my gosh, sporting her little jumper, stop it already!! Her little pink bunny nose......TOO cute!

I agree that her flora will be off, this happens because antibiotics kill off all bacteria including the good gut bacteria, so they need what's called a probiotic to get it balanced again.

The good part is it doesn't take a vet to fix, it can be bought over the counter.

I don't know that not seeing pus for only 3 days is quite long enough to stop the antibiotics just yet.

I might give it another 3 days or so then time to stop.

Just because in spite of not seeing anymore pus, you could stop just before all bacteria is gone, and it will end up coming back again, which we really don't want.
Haha she is really cute, isn't she? Her nose is SO pink, when she came here it was almost white, so I'm guessing the pink damp nose means she's healthy :-)

Hmm oki do you have any reccomendations on the probiotics that I should use? Any brand names? I'll google some brands that I have over here and list them to see which ones are alright. Do you just sprinkle them on her food or mix them with water like the constipation medicine I gave her? Also, will yogurt be alright to give her for some probiotics too?

Hmm oki I'll continue with the antibiotics, better to be safe than sorry :-)

jenjen777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Having just read this entire thread, I just wanted to comment a couple things...

First off, good job on the kitten, you've done well! Don't worry about any kitten specific diets, what you're feeding her is perfect and closer to what nature actually intended for our feline beasts. With the more natural diet she is consuming she is less likely to poop very often as they utilize more of what they ingest, making very little actual waste - unless she's in obvious distress from not going, don't worry about her not pooping. If you want to add more fat, you can add some coconut oil in with the soup you make her, or just put a little on her fur when you brush her and allow her to clean it off herself - coconut oil has many health benefits for people and animals. Coconut oil and honey both have anti fungal and antibacterial properties, but are also not harsh when it comes to the good bacteria of the gut(raw honey can cause botulism poisoning in immunno-comprimised people and animals though). There are lots of reasons for black stool, not just blood in the stool - antibiotics, as well as medications for stomach ailments, diet, etc.

I would recommend not using Mercurius Solubilis again, unless it's for external application and with no possible risk of ingestion, and only in the most dire of situations. It's a banned substance in the US and UK for a reason, it's highly toxic. It can cause mercury poisoning, which can cause many, many health problems for animals and humans - to just name a few, neurological issues, anemia, etc. It can be useful to treat external MRSA infections(which I doubt is an issue where you live), but other wise it should really be avoided, even on the skin as it does absorb to an extent and really should only be used in dire situations very sparingly for humans and animals alike. Make sure you drink plenty of tea(any black tea blend is fine) to avoid any accumulation in your body as it binds to the mercury and allows it to be flushed out of the body - the kitten should be fine since she is not showing any clinical symptoms of mercury poisoning, do not worry about giving her tea as it can cause anemia and it's not part of their natural diet, just for yourself as a precaution for your future's sake, you should drink tea. Honestly, the bloody discharge from her nose very well could have been due to the Mercurius Solubilis given the nature of mercury and how it affects the body.

Her ears actually look good, kinda like human's ears, theirs are not all exactly alike. If the pussy discharge has stopped, I wouldn't worry about them looking differently, because they don't look bad nor is she in any form of discomfort from the malformation(which I really don't think it looks like one to be concerned with). Also, if the puss has stopped, it's certainly time to stop the antibiotics if you haven't already, she can become resistant to future use if used for too long and for no reason, also it can weaken her immune system and make her immunno-comprimised with longterm use.

Yogurt is a great source of probiotics, especially yogurts of the kefir variety, which I am unsure if that is available where you live or not, but kefir is best to "reseed" the gut after a course of antibiotic as normal yogurt normally just flushes out the bad bacteria without actually seeding the gut with good, but it does most of the time allow the good to take back control, so it's not a total loss, it just takes longer to allow the good to reestablish the right amount again - the culture eats up all the lactose as it converts it to yogurt, so lactose isn't a concern with yogurts, all yogurts are naturally 99.9% lactose free.

I think your kitty's on the right track, I think she will bring you many years of enjoyment, don't let worrying get the best of you, enjoy her and keep up what you're doing.

fairycatmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree, she looks adorable!

Well, I don't know if you'll be able to find probiotics for pets, but I recently bought NaturVet Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic Dog & Cat Powder Supplement, you can look at the ingredients here https://www.chewy.com/naturvet-digestive-enzymes-plus/dp/48757. Maybe you could find something with similar ingredients for humans and use that. If not, the yogurt will definitely help. It makes sense that she likes to wait until it warms up a little.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Having just read this entire thread, I just wanted to comment a couple things...

First off, good job on the kitten, you've done well! Don't worry about any kitten specific diets, what you're feeding her is perfect and closer to what nature actually intended for our feline beasts. With the more natural diet she is consuming she is less likely to poop very often as they utilize more of what they ingest, making very little actual waste - unless she's in obvious distress from not going, don't worry about her not pooping. If you want to add more fat, you can add some coconut oil in with the soup you make her, or just put a little on her fur when you brush her and allow her to clean it off herself - coconut oil has many health benefits for people and animals. Coconut oil and honey both have anti fungal and antibacterial properties, but are also not harsh when it comes to the good bacteria of the gut(raw honey can cause botulism poisoning in immunno-comprimised people and animals though). There are lots of reasons for black stool, not just blood in the stool - antibiotics, as well as medications for stomach ailments, diet, etc.

I would recommend not using Mercurius Solubilis again, unless it's for external application and with no possible risk of ingestion, and only in the most dire of situations. It's a banned substance in the US and UK for a reason, it's highly toxic. It can cause mercury poisoning, which can cause many, many health problems for animals and humans - to just name a few, neurological issues, anemia, etc. It can be useful to treat external MRSA infections(which I doubt is an issue where you live), but other wise it should really be avoided, even on the skin as it does absorb to an extent and really should only be used in dire situations very sparingly for humans and animals alike. Make sure you drink plenty of tea(any black tea blend is fine) to avoid any accumulation in your body as it binds to the mercury and allows it to be flushed out of the body - the kitten should be fine since she is not showing any clinical symptoms of mercury poisoning, do not worry about giving her tea as it can cause anemia and it's not part of their natural diet, just for yourself as a precaution for your future's sake, you should drink tea. Honestly, the bloody discharge from her nose very well could have been due to the Mercurius Solubilis given the nature of mercury and how it affects the body.

Her ears actually look good, kinda like human's ears, theirs are not all exactly alike. If the pussy discharge has stopped, I wouldn't worry about them looking differently, because they don't look bad nor is she in any form of discomfort from the malformation(which I really don't think it looks like one to be concerned with). Also, if the puss has stopped, it's certainly time to stop the antibiotics if you haven't already, she can become resistant to future use if used for too long and for no reason, also it can weaken her immune system and make her immunno-comprimised with longterm use.

Yogurt is a great source of probiotics, especially yogurts of the kefir variety, which I am unsure if that is available where you live or not, but kefir is best to "reseed" the gut after a course of antibiotic as normal yogurt normally just flushes out the bad bacteria without actually seeding the gut with good, but it does most of the time allow the good to take back control, so it's not a total loss, it just takes longer to allow the good to reestablish the right amount again - the culture eats up all the lactose as it converts it to yogurt, so lactose isn't a concern with yogurts, all yogurts are naturally 99.9% lactose free.

I think your kitty's on the right track, I think she will bring you many years of enjoyment, don't let worrying get the best of you, enjoy her and keep up what you're doing.
Thankyou! I think the same thing about commercial food tbh, I'm really iffy about using it -- atm I'm using the kibble I brought her as a treat for my other two cats who seem to go CRAZY for it. She turns her nose up at it though and likes her raw stuff much more better instead. I don't think she needs anymore fat in her diet, her skin's in good condition and her fur is already starting to grow back from the places she scratched it off. I do add some coconut oil every so often and she can lick it off her paws when I use it for her pads :-)

I wasn't aware that it was banned! We've had it in the cupboard for so long... though I thought that homeopathic medicine was made in such a way that the actual original thing that it's made from wasn't actually there anymore? I'm not sure, I haven't done too much research on the topic. But I won't be using it again, she's not having any boiling milk ever again!

Hmm oki, I'm going to continue the antibiotics for 2 more days though, because I REALLY don't want the infection to come back. Hopefully her poops will go back to normal once I do. But it's nice to know that the malformation isn't something that I should worry about :-)

I'm not sure what variety we have over here, it isn't branded or anything, the people at the shop make it themselves and sell it in bags. Everything's very natural and unbranded over here (branded stuff is still available in the supermarkets but it's MUCH more expensive). I add a little bit of blood from her red meat to the yogurt too and she seems to like that a lot and it's gone within seconds!

I agree, she looks adorable!

Well, I don't know if you'll be able to find probiotics for pets, but I recently bought NaturVet Digestive Enzymes Plus Probiotic Dog & Cat Powder Supplement, you can look at the ingredients here https://www.chewy.com/naturvet-digestive-enzymes-plus/dp/48757. Maybe you could find something with similar ingredients for humans and use that. If not, the yogurt will definitely help. It makes sense that she likes to wait until it warms up a little.
I'll do some searching around once my exams are over tomorrow :-) I'll see if I can find something similar to the link you sent me!! If not I'll continue with the yogurt, maybe even give her more of it (maybe twice a day instead of only once?)

jenjen777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Thankyou! I think the same thing about commercial food tbh, I'm really iffy about using it -- atm I'm using the kibble I brought her as a treat for my other two cats who seem to go CRAZY for it. She turns her nose up at it though and likes her raw stuff much more better instead. I don't think she needs anymore fat in her diet, her skin's in good condition and her fur is already starting to grow back from the places she scratched it off. I do add some coconut oil every so often and she can lick it off her paws when I use it for her pads :-)

I wasn't aware that it was banned! We've had it in the cupboard for so long... though I thought that homeopathic medicine was made in such a way that the actual original thing that it's made from wasn't actually there anymore? I'm not sure, I haven't done too much research on the topic. But I won't be using it again, she's not having any boiling milk ever again!

Hmm oki, I'm going to continue the antibiotics for 2 more days though, because I REALLY don't want the infection to come back. Hopefully her poops will go back to normal once I do. But it's nice to know that the malformation isn't something that I should worry about :-)

I'm not sure what variety we have over here, it isn't branded or anything, the people at the shop make it themselves and sell it in bags. Everything's very natural and unbranded over here (branded stuff is still available in the supermarkets but it's MUCH more expensive). I add a little bit of blood from her red meat to the yogurt too and she seems to like that a lot and it's gone within seconds!

I'll do some searching around once my exams are over tomorrow :-) I'll see if I can find something similar to the link you sent me!! If not I'll continue with the yogurt, maybe even give her more of it (maybe twice a day instead of only once?)
With the yogurt, if you can add a teaspoon in every feed, that'd be best, but twice a day would also be good at the least. Kefir is just a reference to the culture used in making the yogurt, it tends to be more liquid consistency with almost a slight fizz to it - pellets can be ordered online to make your own too, you only order it once then just keep adding some of the yogurt to fresh milk and let it convert, it keeps going unless you let it die off. Kefir can be hard to find here in the US, but it's more farmer markets and such that have it here, lots of rural areas of the world use it though. 

In the US, the mercury based meds are banned and alternatives are marketed under the same names, but many other parts of the world still use the old stuff. I had a MRSA infection that was resistant to everything tried on it, the only thing that worked was Merthiolate(in the same family as the Mercurius), which I had to order from Thailand to get the old stuff. If it hadn't worked, I'd have ended up with a nasty hole being cut in my stomach where the infection had taken hold, they would have had to take the infected flesh then some to ensure they got it all, so my last ditch effort was out of desperation and rather illegal, but worked - last thing I wanted was to go back to the place where I picked up the infection to begin with, the hospital. My mom is a Health Physicist and I studied a fair amount of Environmental Science before I became disabled, that's why I know quite a bit about the mercury based meds and where they're useful but how they can become toxic quickly and their impact on the people and animals.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With the yogurt, if you can add a teaspoon in every feed, that'd be best, but twice a day would also be good at the least. Kefir is just a reference to the culture used in making the yogurt, it tends to be more liquid consistency with almost a slight fizz to it - pellets can be ordered online to make your own too, you only order it once then just keep adding some of the yogurt to fresh milk and let it convert, it keeps going unless you let it die off. Kefir can be hard to find here in the US, but it's more farmer markets and such that have it here, lots of rural areas of the world use it though. 

In the US, the mercury based meds are banned and alternatives are marketed under the same names, but many other parts of the world still use the old stuff. I had a MRSA infection that was resistant to everything tried on it, the only thing that worked was Merthiolate(in the same family as the Mercurius), which I had to order from Thailand to get the old stuff. If it hadn't worked, I'd have ended up with a nasty hole being cut in my stomach where the infection had taken hold, they would have had to take the infected flesh then some to ensure they got it all, so my last ditch effort was out of desperation and rather illegal, but worked - last thing I wanted was to go back to the place where I picked up the infection to begin with, the hospital. My mom is a Health Physicist and I studied a fair amount of Environmental Science before I became disabled, that's why I know quite a bit about the mercury based meds and where they're useful but how they can become toxic quickly and their impact on the people and animals.
Just a note - the OP is speaking about a homeopathic remedy. There is no actual mercury in the product.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What's kefir yogurt?

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kefir, while nutritious, it is mostly used for people that have low bowel movement, to put it politely.. 

It is made by a type of fungus that generates the nutrients and all the probiotics it includes, come from that fungus..

I haven't read all 10 pages, but if the kitty is in trouble, maybe kefir is risky, cause it might cause diarrhia, thus dehydration.

jenjen777

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just a note - the OP is speaking about a homeopathic remedy. There is no actual mercury in the product.
In many countries in the Middle East and Asia it is still available in the original form, which as the name indicates in latin, is soluble mercury(and she mentioned it was old). In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't really banned all that long ago in countries like the US(late '90s), so the old school stuff can still be found in some people's cupboards even here. Just because something is labelled homeopathic does not always mean safe, especially when it concerns animals or the young. There are many homeopathic remedies that are outright poison, just like there are many prescription drugs that are, too - you have to weight the benefits vs the risks. Sometimes it's really not worth the risk of long term disabling damage which is more likely in the young since the brain and body are still developing and very easily damaged(even at what can be considered safe therapeutic doses). What is done, is done - but I do want her to know the risks of using it again, especially since she is young and it could be tempting to use it again which could be potentially detrimental to the health of herself and the kitten. As to why it seemed like it helped her little kitty feel better, is because Mercurius Solubilis is a good deceiver, it masks symptoms, it tricks the brain into thinking the body is fine, so the kitty didn't feel the blisters, but it didn't do it in such a good way. I know she wanted her baby to feel better, and I'm glad there appears to be no long term ill affects, but it could have easily gone the other way(especially since the kitten was underweight). We feel pain for a reason, all people and animals are hard wired for it, it's a protection mechanism, and because we all know it, we don't want our babies to suffer, but sometimes it's best to let it run it's course if we're unsure of how to deal with it or we risk making the problem worse and potentially lethal.

The best thing she is doing for this kitten is diet, she's doing a wonderful job, which one of the most important aspects to allowing the body to do what it's designed to do is proper nutrition and calories for the energy to do it. She did great with getting the kitty antibiotics, too. I think at this point her kitten is going to continue to improve and be a good companion for her. 

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hmm so I wasn't able to find out if the yogurt I have is kefir yogurt, though it probably isn't because it's thick and gloopy like 'normal' yogurt. I'll keep giving her that though and keep on the lookout for some probiotics if her stomach doesn't settle. She hasn't got diarrhea though, in fact she hasn't gone at all today, or last night, though that's normal for her -- I've noticed she only poops once every 2-3 days.

Also ye, Merc Sol and any other homeopathic medicine doesn't have any mercury or anything in it. And I googled into it and apparently Merc Sol isn't banned in the UK, either -- it's available on the uk amazon site!!

I also found this on a website about Mer Sol:

"This method of preparation means that Merc Sol is perfectly safe, unlike its source, mercury, which can cause serious poisoning if overused."

So I /think/ that it's safe to use? Still, I probably won't be using it ever again because my cats probably won't be getting any tongue burns anytime soon.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

In many countries in the Middle East and Asia it is still available in the original form, which as the name indicates in latin, is soluble mercury(and she mentioned it was old). In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't really banned all that long ago in countries like the US(late '90s), so the old school stuff can still be found in some people's cupboards even here. Just because something is labelled homeopathic does not always mean safe, especially when it concerns animals or the young. There are many homeopathic remedies that are outright poison, just like there are many prescription drugs that are, too - you have to weight the benefits vs the risks. Sometimes it's really not worth the risk of long term disabling damage which is more likely in the young since the brain and body are still developing and very easily damaged(even at what can be considered safe therapeutic doses). What is done, is done - but I do want her to know the risks of using it again, especially since she is young and it could be tempting to use it again which could be potentially detrimental to the health of herself and the kitten. As to why it seemed like it helped her little kitty feel better, is because Mercurius Solubilis is a good deceiver, it masks symptoms, it tricks the brain into thinking the body is fine, so the kitty didn't feel the blisters, but it didn't do it in such a good way. I know she wanted her baby to feel better, and I'm glad there appears to be no long term ill affects, but it could have easily gone the other way(especially since the kitten was underweight). We feel pain for a reason, all people and animals are hard wired for it, it's a protection mechanism, and because we all know it, we don't want our babies to suffer, but sometimes it's best to let it run it's course if we're unsure of how to deal with it or we risk making the problem worse and potentially lethal.

The best thing she is doing for this kitten is diet, she's doing a wonderful job, which one of the most important aspects to allowing the body to do what it's designed to do is proper nutrition and calories for the energy to do it. She did great with getting the kitty antibiotics, too. I think at this point her kitten is going to continue to improve and be a good companion for her. 
A homeopathic remedy is a sugar pill with the memory of the original substance imprinted on it.  There is no chance of mercury poisoning because there is none of the original substance.  OP, I am assuming this is what you were using.  With remedies, they are called the same thing as whatever the original substance was, but they are a dilution to the smallest, smallest fraction.  This is why people wonder if they work at all, or if it's by placebo effect if anything.

Yes, things can be labeled homeopathic when they are not in this form, but this is actually the definition of a remedy - the dilution of a substance.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like things are going great, but I don't understand why you are not going to the vet. I really do think that some professional advice from someone on the ground, who can actually see Sparrow, would be really useful. We can keep advising, but we are not professionals and we cannot actually see the situation, so it is difficult. Please do get your mother to take you.

indie-n-button

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If it was up to me she'd have been to the vet's the day she got here, but at the end of the day there's really not much a 16 year old can do to convince an adult that she's right without trying to sound cocky or big-headed. My relationship with my Mum is already pretty emotionally manipulative, so that put together with my anxiety really doesn't help much at all. Mum likes to insist that she's right all the time and waits until things are really bad before she takes any action. Eventhough I know a lot more than her about this topic, she still insists that she's the wise one and knows what's best. So I just leave it out of fear of being yelled at.

Though today I think Sparrow had a funny turn. She woke up from one of her naps and the third-eyelid on the eye that's on the same side as her infected ear was visible. It was visible a lot more than its ever been before and it's a slight pinkish colour. That eye is watering a lot, too. She's also sneezing just a little. Around her eyes also seems pink to me? But it could just be the bad lighting, either way I'm really REALLY worried. She also started pawing at her mouth, and started acting like she was going to throw something up though she didn't. She was leaning against her infected ear side as she did this, and rubbed that side (around her jaw area) on the floor, too. I told Mum about it but she didn't seem to worried and just said that 'the kitten is strong' and she'll be alright. Her pupils are responding well to light but she feels warm to touch. She's panting a lot too. Though again, Mum said that it's because of how hot it is today.

She's still eating well and her water intake has increased a lot, but the third-eyelid is stressing me out A LOT because of all the things I'm dreading it could be. Mum said if she's not better by tomorrow morning that we can take her to the vet, though Mum's angry at me for insisting that we take her. I suppose being yelled at is alright if it means that I can at least get a professional opinion on Sparrow's health.