Edible Seaweed

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone ever had it? I just found a seaweed snack on Walmart's grocery site. I'm definitely curious, but I'd like some opinions before I add it to my order.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
If you mean for your cat,some is ok some not. I have never eaten it so I am curious if you do try it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you mean for your cat,some is ok some not. I have never eaten it so I am curious if you do try it
For people. I suppose I must've had it with sushi, but I've never had it on its own.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Seaweed snacks like this?

I've had them before. They're pretty good. Each little sheet is very light and crispy and a little salty and lots of umami flavor. Asian markets sell these as well, usually a pack that contains a couple individual packages. They also come in different flavors like wasabi.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, here's the one I found-

ocean's halo.png

I think I'll give it a shot :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The plain ones are good if you've never had them before. You can break them into pieces and use as a topper on salads or a rice bowl, too.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Each little sheet is very light and crispy and a little salty and lots of umami flavor.
Yep. They taste quite salty but the unflavored ones have very little sodium.

I love seaweed snacks and even sheet nori and wakame (wakame goes in soup though; it's not good dried). You should probably try the plain ones first but I definitely recommend wasabi flavored (if you like spicy stuff) and teriyaki flavored.

One of my go-to easy meals is rice with tuna and furikake, and I scoop it up with a seaweed snack, like lazy sushi :D.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In Korea edible seaweed is eaten by a lot of people as a quick snack, and we have a Korean community here so there are lots of Korean foods in the local supermarket. I've tried the edible seaweed in various flavours - Korean Fried Chicken flavour is my favourite!

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying it right now-there's a bit of an odd taste when you first take a bite, but that goes away. It's definitely an acquired taste, but I like it.