Eating wet food from hand, not bowl or plate.

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well this is interesting. 

My cat is getting finicky it seems. Usually she's had no issues with canned Evo 95% Beef, heated up in the microwave.

Yet tonight she sniffed it and walked away.

I called her back and began getting her to eat clumps of it off my hands.  A little nasty considering I mix it with water and essentially becomes a puree.

Anyone else with similar food behaviors?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stainless steel pet bowl or saucer plate. 

Turns out, it's just boredom of the beef, she wolfed down the Fancy Feast - Chicken Feast no problem.

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well a lot of cats do not like stainless steel because it tastes funny to them.  And the saucer plates, often if their whiskers or face touches the side, they won't eat from it, it's too small to them.  Cats like room to lick.  So maybe consider a larger saucer and not stainless steel?

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I suppose I need to clarify. 

The stainless steel or saucer plate are not the problem.  My cat ate Fancy Feast Chicken Feast from the stainless steel bowl and saucer plate.

I believe it was just a display of boredom to beef.

mosimom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Didn't Evo just get bought out? Maybe there is a formula change?

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK than?  I was just trying to help offer solutions and possible reasons if you realize it's not boredom with beef after all.  No reason to get upset. 

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I suppose I need to clarify. 

The stainless steel or saucer plate are not the problem.  My cat ate Fancy Feast Chicken Feast from the stainless steel bowl and saucer plate.

I believe it was just a display of boredom to beef.
My 2 are like that too. They will no longer eat any canned food that has beef in it. They used to like it. It's just the beef cat food. They will take beef from my plate very happily. I had a hamburger for dinner and have learned that I now prefer my hamburgers plain. No condiments or seasoning because like it or not, the burger WILL be shared. Same goes for steak. Sophie gets so excited for steak that she drools.
  Go figure. The diva sisters. Fortunately, we all agree on medium rare.

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My 2 are like that too. They will no longer eat any canned food that has beef in it. They used to like it. It's just the beef cat food. They will take beef from my plate very happily. I had a hamburger for dinner and have learned that I now prefer my hamburgers plain. No condiments or seasoning because like it or not, the burger WILL be shared. Same goes for steak. Sophie gets so excited for steak that she drools.
  Go figure. The diva sisters. Fortunately, we all agree on medium rare.
Haha, love it.  But a plain 'ol hamburger? No way - load up the relish/bbq sauce/onion etc.

I have a case of Evo Beef, I'm hoping I can trick her by sprinkling some kibble etc. in/on top of the beef.  I'd hate to waste a whole case and it's too late to return it. Unless the store would swap; I'll find out.