Early Signs Of Pregnancy

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've found a good way to get a Cat to relax is lay down near them on your back, turn your head toward them, give the slow blink a few times until you're sure they see it, then take a nap. I've had really good luck doing this with Cats I've rescued after they were dropped off in the area I live in.

It's more of, they dont believe me she is a stray because it takes a person with some special certification to rehabilitate a stray and that I am just a pet owner who didnt have their animal fixed and now wanting them to do it under the pretense of it being a stray.
Self important fools like that are the types of people who give otherwise good organizations a bad name. I'd try to talk to a different person and see if it's just whoever you talked to or if that's the attitude there in general, if it's the latter then you probably aren't going to get much help and may want to keep looking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the first time I have had issue with them. I found out they do serve this area. They have fixed strays for me before but there was no denying they were strays because they were feral. I have heard other complaints similar to the response I got from them today from other people. So it may be the organization, or at least this one

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I will see if there is another organization that serves this area (I live in a really rural area) and if not, guess I'll just have a house guest for a while

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the first time I have had issue with them. I found out they do serve this area. They have fixed strays for me before but there was no denying they were strays because they were feral. I have heard other complaints similar to the response I got from them today from other people. So it may be the organization, or at least this one
Is it a local affiliation of a bigger organisation or are they independent? If the first, maybe try talking to their main office? If you're emailing them, maybe phone conversation or even visiting them can convince them? It's totally irresponsible of them, the clock is ticking and by not reacting, they can make a situation worse :( They're supposed to help animals from overpopulation and it seems they're reluctant to :(

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even if you were "just a pet owner who didn't have their animal fixed," I would think that they would help you out? At least around here, the places that fix ferals also do low-cost spay/neuter for pets. Is the problem that they have a different rate for pets? Or they don't do pets?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try to ignore the negative responses. People are jaded by bad experiences and often take it out on others. Try to remember that they deal with all kinds. You might get one person in a bunch that just isn’t having a good day or maybe should not be doing that work anymore. Lots of things affect people. You are doing the right thing. Getting a cat fixed should be the issue and not the question of whether it is slightly tame.
In case they need a little updat on the world of ferals...... information improves daily. Even old ferals can become lap cats. I have the proof and that is primarily what I write about. Ferals at all stages not only adjust to life with humans and indoors but they can actually love it. I work with ferals of all ages to socialize but I still spend much of my time fighting antiquated stereotypes of the “feral” cat. If they personally have never had success with socializing a feral then they cannot speak from experience. There are a great many people on this site who can attest to the fact that ferals can and do become tame lap cats. Don’t let them stop you from what you know to be correct. Maybe you could suggest they join TCS and start reading about rescues, ferals, TNR experiences and how every cat is different. We’d welcome them to the site!
The music does work very well for some cats. I have some that love it and others who prefer to play with my phone and others who like TV or just a quiet day with me.:)

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They do have a different rate for pets and they are "low cost" but they also have hidden costs. I don't get my pets fixed the due to hidden costs. For example, the first they quote you does not include anesthesia, pain medication, etc. I get my pets done at either a private vet or Angel's of asissi because the price they quote is the price you pay. Planned Pethood dues spray and neuter strays for free. And im sure people had taken advantage of that

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am a behavioral therapist but mine is with children and yes it is different. But there are techniques that are the same. Two of these things are patience and don't take anything personal. So yes I know that animals can be rehabilitated and no it does not take a special certificate to do so. It takes patience and compassion

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I have had dealings with them. I am going to contact to breathe sure they serve my area though.

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think she is adjusting well. I am trying to post a picture and I am not too sure if it worked or not

Attachments

Calishell

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yay it worked. Here is one I was able to get of her belly.

Attachments