Dyson recommendations

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Kara - this was just last year. Some of the Dysons were almost brand new. Several of them were bought for churches and they found them to not be good enough to clean the carpets in church. And you know churches don't have a lot of traffic.
I dunno, I think a whole bunch of cat people that love their Dysons ought to be a pretty reliable seal of approval.

It would make sense for a dealer of a competing brand to show lots of broken ones of other makes and tell horror stories about them to entice folks to buy what HE is selling.

But I am calling you out on your hearsay: the Dyson owners on TCS are saying it's a fantastic product. Since you don't own one yourself, I would think you can't really give a valid opinion, no offense: you are only saying what you heard a Ryker dealer say.

THE only complaint I have ever seen on the internet from Dyson owners is that if you don't keep the Dyson filter rinsed off every 6 months at minimum and don't ensure that the beater brush is kept clear, then the Dyson WILL start performing at a lower level.

I have now owned mine for...how long? Since June of 2007, here's my thread on it. And I LOVE IT and if it ever breaks, I am going to buy the ball next time around.

weldrwomn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Dyson DC17 Animal (The Purple one) and I love it! Hubby and I and our two shorthair torties in about 750 sq ft and it does a great job of picking stuff out of the carpet.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I dunno, I think a whole bunch of cat people that love their Dysons ought to be a pretty reliable seal of approval.

It would make sense for a dealer of a competing brand to show lots of broken ones of other makes and tell horror stories about them to entice folks to buy what HE is selling.

But I am calling you out on your hearsay: the Dyson owners on TCS are saying it's a fantastic product. Since you don't own one yourself, I would think you can't really give a valid opinion, no offense: you are only saying what you heard a Ryker dealer say.

THE only complaint I have ever seen on the internet from Dyson owners is that if you don't keep the Dyson filter rinsed off every 6 months at minimum and don't ensure that the beater brush is kept clear, then the Dyson WILL start performing at a lower level.

I have now owned mine for...how long? Since June of 2007, here's my thread on it. And I LOVE IT and if it ever breaks, I am going to buy the ball next time around.
I agree.

Ours does lose performance if I don't keep the brush clear of hair (and I have a thyroid disease so I lose hair a lot) and keep the filter rinsed off. As long as I keep up with both of those things it runs like brand new.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a DC 17 and it is light yrs better than the past vacs ( tristar , kenmore and orek ) ... But recently I found one that is the tenth of the price and PICKS up better ... it is a little hoover nano lite ... I did a side by side and this little nano cleans in one pass more often and picked up what little the dyson left ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I lost the auction.

I saw your previous thread and that you got it at Walmart....I'll go look there tomorrow! Thanks! It is kinda hard justifying the money, but I also like the reviews of both...decisions, decisions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to get the Hoover Nano Lite. THe fiance was not too keen on spending so much for a vacuum cleaner.

I did a lot of research and it came with great recommendations. I went to Walmart and bought one this morning (they are discontinuing the model by the way). I used it in my livingroom, which was vacuumed just yesturday before the vacuum died in one of the bedrooms. It looked like a third cat! It also picked up all of Summer's fur from the back of the couch! I also couldn't believe how much dust it picked up...I am impressed and it gets a 5 star review from me!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you got one that suits you.

I took a side by side pic of my Daddy Dyson and Baby Dyson tonight - Mummy Dyson lives downstairs because she's better for hard floors

There is 10 years age difference between these two

oke jock

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We had a Dyson  Animal for about 15 years, it was good , so when it started playing up, we decided to get another one, we have just purchased another Dyson DC 40 Animal , first thing you notice is the   plastic , feels flimsy , next  was when doing the stairs , the old one used to reach the top with no problem, with this one , I felt I was having to stretch  the tube to reach the top stairs , I also felt when using the tube with small attachments I was having to bend my back, I am only 5 feet 6 inches tall, and  I am 76 years of age, I used to plug the mains lead in while doing downstairs, do up the stair and all the upstairs rooms without moving the plug, however, with the new DC40 , I couldn't reach the far side of the upstairs rooms, I measured the mains lead, and found it was 2 metres shorter that our original animal, which means going up and down the stairs to change to a different mains socket , suction still seems good , but I don't think it is a patch  on the original Dyson, and by the feel of it ,will be surprised if it lasts half the time if the old one.