Dynotag Tags For Cats

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello All

Hope this isn't a repeat thread.
What do you all think about the Dynotags for Cats or similar tags that can help tag the location of your cat/pet if it gets lost?

My cat is microchipped, but I am thinking of getting a Dynotag for his collar just in case since only shelters or vets can scan their chips. If he ends up slightly lost in the vicinity, the dynotag would help the person who found him to help bring him back.

One of the only complaints I have seen about dynotag is sometimes the website is down. Basically the dynotag has a QR code on it along with some basic info, but once you scan the QR code with your phone, it takes you to a page with relevant information that the customer or client has filled out for that pet.

I got a dynotag for my luggage a long time ago. Haven't used it much since I use carry on now, but I feel it might be worth getting it for my cat.

*Disclosure: I am not affiliated with dynotag. I only mentioned that name because thats the only company I am aware of that creates these tags for pets.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have metal tags made up with my name, address, phone number and “REWARD” engraved on them. They go on the cats’ collars. Seems a lot simpler than having to whip out your phone to read a QR code. Not everyone has a QR code app installed on the phone.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not everyone has a QR code app installed on the phone.

And not everyone has a smart phone or even a cell phone.

An "old fashioned" metal or plastic ID tag on the collar is the easiest way for anyone to get a lost pet home. Since collars can be lost, a microchip is great as a back up.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worry about tags that hang down the collar getting caught on something.
A break away collar (which is the only collar most cats should wear IMO) will save your cat from strangulation, but if the collar comes off, so does the contact information! =(
Our cats and dogs go naked in the house but the dogs have those collar-tags that slide over the collar so nothing is hanging when we go places.
For a cat, it's no guarantee that he or she won't get hung up and lose their collar completely, but I think the lack of hanging "stuff" to get hung up maybe minimzes the risk.

We have used boomerang for years. We're very happy with the quality, the speed in getting our tags and the customer service.

Boomerang Pet Tags: Guaranteed to last. Mailed today, Free Shipping.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Boomerang is exactly what I use. The only problem is that they don’t slide over breakaway collars. I use elastic collars that are loose enough to easily slide over the cat’s head. And they are all chipped, even the paraplegic one, who gets around pretty well, actually.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1 bruce 1 1 bruce 1 Boomerang is exactly what I use. The only problem is that they don’t slide over breakaway collars. I use elastic collars that are loose enough to easily slide over the cat’s head. And they are all chipped, even the paraplegic one, who gets around pretty well, actually.
Oh, shoot!!!!
Maybe if enough people emailed them expressing interest in this they would consider making a cat break-away slide on.
I LOVE break away's and think they're very safe but if the ID is attached to the collar they leave hanging in the brush, that won't do them much good if someone finds them.
I can't decide between realizing life = risks or clutching them to my chest and hissing like a snake anytime anyone approaches them..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have metal tags made up with my name, address, phone number and “REWARD” engraved on them. They go on the cats’ collars. Seems a lot simpler than having to whip out your phone to read a QR code. Not everyone has a QR code app installed on the phone.
That was my initial thought, but I might not put reward on it since it probably might make it more likely to steal my pet or something.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I worry about tags that hang down the collar getting caught on something.
A break away collar (which is the only collar most cats should wear IMO) will save your cat from strangulation, but if the collar comes off, so does the contact information! =(
Our cats and dogs go naked in the house but the dogs have those collar-tags that slide over the collar so nothing is hanging when we go places.
For a cat, it's no guarantee that he or she won't get hung up and lose their collar completely, but I think the lack of hanging "stuff" to get hung up maybe minimzes the risk.

We have used boomerang for years. We're very happy with the quality, the speed in getting our tags and the customer service.

Boomerang Pet Tags: Guaranteed to last. Mailed today, Free Shipping.
Thank you for the recommendation, I was leaning towards the the collar-tags that slide over the collar. I dont like the hanging tags either- my cat would hate those.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you tried it over a beastic band? the velcro collar? That is what I am going to use it on.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, shoot!!!!
Maybe if enough people emailed them expressing interest in this they would consider making a cat break-away slide on.
I LOVE break away's and think they're very safe but if the ID is attached to the collar they leave hanging in the brush, that won't do them much good if someone finds them.
I can't decide between realizing life = risks or clutching them to my chest and hissing like a snake anytime anyone approaches them..
There are break-away collar slide on name tags on Amazon.

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
O damn.
Now I feel like an idiot, but that's not new =/
Ignore me. They don't usually let me out of my cage...
Boomerang makes tags for break away collars as well.