Dust and fragrance free litter

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the litter today and it has small beetle bugs in it. This is such a bummer. They all seem dead. I did not notice until I pouring into the litter box. I hope this does not infest with eggs.
IMG_8513.jpeg
IMG_8512.jpeg
IMG_8507.jpeg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, no! Eww. I’ve never seen that in the Smart Cat I’ve bought. Did you buy it from Chewy? They’re super responsive and customer oriented.

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the litter today and it has small beetle bugs in it. This is such a bummer. They all seem dead. I did not notice until I pouring into the litter box. I hope this does not infest with eggs.

CyberTiger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The tofu litters seem interesting. I'm concerned about it potentially attracting bugs though.

I have asthma and I think the latest batch of clay litter I got was extra dusty and is starting to bother me when I sleep (which also makes me worry for my poor cat actually using it). So I really would like to switch, too.

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The tofu litters seem interesting. I'm concerned about it potentially attracting bugs though.

I have asthma and I think the latest batch of clay litter I got was extra dusty and is starting to bother me when I sleep (which also makes me worry for my poor cat actually using it). So I really would like to switch, too.
I’m open to trying the tofu as well but don’t find any with great reviews…

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wondering, have you ever tried Cats pride unscented clumping? I have 2 cats using it and find it last a long time if cleaned daily it also produces very little dust less than Arm and hammers multi-cat, and it is less expensive.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

The tofu one still has a clumping agent. I did find it better for my athsma, but found non-clumping litter the best.

I switched from clay litter when Nobel was around 1 yr old back in 2008 when there wasn't many options. Never looked back as clay bugged both our athsma soooo much.
I've tried a TON of them over the years. I didnt like non-clumping at first but have come to adore not having an athsma episode after litter changes and cleaning.

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wondering, have you ever tried Cats pride unscented clumping? I have 2 cats using it and find it last a long time if cleaned daily it also produces very little dust less than Arm and hammers multi-cat, and it is less expensive.
I have not. I will give it a go, im open to anything!! Thank you!

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The tofu one still has a clumping agent. I did find it better for my athsma, but found non-clumping litter the best.

I switched from clay litter when Nobel was around 1 yr old back in 2008 when there wasn't many options. Never looked back as clay bugged both our athsma soooo much.
I've tried a TON of them over the years. I didnt like non-clumping at first but have come to adore not having an athsma episode after litter changes and cleaning.
what kind of non clumping litter are you using ?

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh there are a ton of these! Which color tub do you use? Can you upload a pic or send a link?

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know what brands are available in the US, but I'm using pea fibre litter for my two. It's near-as-dammit to being dust free (vastly better than clay), is mixed with activated charcoal and baking soda, so has good odour control, and is way easier to clean than clay. It's also much softer on their feet than pine pellets - my two refused point blank to use those after walking on them once. Plus the brand I use is actually flushable, first time I've encountered that! It's not quite fragrance free but I only notice it when emptying a new bag, it dissipates quickly. Certainly doesn't make my asthma play up.

This is the brand I use - I don't think it's available in the US but this might be useful for comparison.

Cat.mama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know what brands are available in the US, but I'm using pea fibre litter for my two. It's near-as-dammit to being dust free (vastly better than clay), is mixed with activated charcoal and baking soda, so has good odour control, and is way easier to clean than clay. It's also much softer on their feet than pine pellets - my two refused point blank to use those after walking on them once. Plus the brand I use is actually flushable, first time I've encountered that! It's not quite fragrance free but I only notice it when emptying a new bag, it dissipates quickly. Certainly doesn't make my asthma play up.

This is the brand I use - I don't think it's available in the US but this might be useful for comparison.

[/URL]
That looks awesome, thank you for sharing!

msserena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been using Pioneer Pet Smart Cat grass litter for about the last year. No dust but it tracks BAD. As I was getting tired of all the litter everywhere, I thought I would tray Petco & Petsmart brands of grass seed. The Petco one is definitely less dusty than Petsmart. I dumped the Petsmart litter into a bucket & this is what it does, it coats with a fine dust. Won't ever be buying Petsmart Equisicat naturals grass seed litter again.

I would check out the Petco brand, it's decent.

Attachments