Dumping Season Has Begun..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Obviously I realize you cant predict if she'll have them during the day ch it just wondered how common it was. Ive never had it happen.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The pregnant stray I took in labored all night, then delivered 4 kittens between 7:30 and 10:30 am. :)

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
Being in rescue my hope is always that a cat is just fat and not pregnant :D
I have had about half of my pregnant cats give birth at night and half during the day...

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She definitely didn't labor when I was gone Haha. Still no kittens. Funny how you think you know when they're close and then they hold out for a few more days or even a week Haha.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The vet did let me pick up the meds for mites! So that will hopefully clear up soon.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This mornings update:
Shes still acting like her normal self. Eating and sleeping but also chasing a mouse this morning which was quite comical. However last night I noticed her belly was pretty hard. I set an alarm to get up and check on her every couple hours through the night thinking maybe she was going to have them but she didn't. This morning her belly is still hard. I dont remember the other cats bellies feeling like that. Is that normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Totally normal! In fact it’s a sign that she’s getting near the end.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok great. Her back nipples are now saggy and full of milk also. Been that way for about 2 days. I think shes pretty close also. Still eating like a horse though.

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: still no kittens. I thought for sure it would happen last night because she was in her box for quite a while. But nope. Shes back to her normal self today and eating a ton.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Just noticed your thread, thank you so much for helping all those cats. Unwanted kittens and pregnant cats mysteriously show up outside my house too. As soon as people know where the local animal lovers live.....

:rolleyes3:

Hope she has a safe delivery, we're all waiting with you.

:goodluck:

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Happy Easter Everyone! Still no kittens here. Maybe she will have them today! I'm getting a little worried but I can still see them moving and she doesnt have any foul discharge. She is eating a TON still. Shes very uncomfortable and only walks a short distance before laying down lol. She also sits in this weird position!!! Hope everyone has a great day!

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Since I wrote that update I have caught her in my daughters room hiding in the cubby hole behind her dresser. She has some discharge on her also. So maybe we will have Easter kittens! I'll update you if theres any change.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Poor girl, she does look pretty uncomfortable.

Hope she has them soon. You'll have to start thinking of Easter themed kitten names.

;)

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok silly question. Still no kittens but is it normal for her to be losing a ton of hair? Like not normal shedding. Big clumps fall out when you pet her! Its everywhere!

Kacy A

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens! I called the vet because I'm concerned. He said since we dont know how pregnant she was when she showed up, to just keep waiting. He said to watch for signs of infection or her acting differently so I'm watching her closely. Shes huge and miserable but otherwise acting ok. No signs of going into labor.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I once took in a pregnant stray who I was SURE was going to have them any second, she was huge. They didn't come for 3 weeks! 3 weeks of constant suspense, lol. She had 4 great big boys.

They'll come when they come.