Dr. Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken is DELAYED at Chewy & $106 at Amazon: HELP?

MindyStClairesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have hungry kittehs. Two will eat wet, one won't. I am starting to cool on Chewy . . . they don't have a system in place to mention when they are having a procurement delay -- and I can't find the food locally (the Dr. E's website doesn't help). What is a reliable source that you know of for the Chicken variety? I went ahead and next-day Amazon ordered some rabbit . . .

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sadly they don't sell their food in any stores, only online. I believe they only sell to those 2 stores for now. I've had success in the past asking them via website contact about shipments. They've had supply issues on and off all year sadly... If it helps, my backup/rotation dry food is epigen 90 which is also another high protein low carb food.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The above is exactly what I was going to mention, I alternate between the Clean Protein, Epigen 90, and in a pinch Orijen has two options which are 90% protein. I have also had better luck contacting Dr. Elsey's customer service directly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MindyStClairesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
alternate between the Clean Protein, Epigen 90, and in a pinch Orijen has two options which are 90% protein.
EXCELLENT. I had the presence of mind to work a few Rabbit kibble in over the past few weeks and now that is accepted, but we are FLAT OUT until tomorrow when I get get another 2# Rabbit to limp by with.

ObeseChess

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the two Orijen that are 90% are "Original Cat" and "Regional Red," all of my local pet stores stock them and they don't seem to be having any supply issues up here in Portland (knock on wood). Epigen 90 seems to be online-only, like the Clean Protein.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad I ordered a 2 pound bag of the DE chicken with my Amazon subscribe and save. It's on the way. I'm sorry you're having a hard time getting it. I know how frustrating it is. DE only sells food through Chewy and Amazon. They stopped selling it on their own website too. Lilith is the one who demands dry food. She's super picky and won't eat Orijen any more. She liked it and then decided she hated it. :rolleyes2:

I haven't tried the Epigen 90 on them yet. I hope I don't have to go with another brand but at least there are some good options if I do. Lily loves the DE chicken.

MindyStClairesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
the two Orijen that are 90% are "Original Cat" and "Regional Red," all of my local pet stores stock them and they don't seem to be having any supply issues up here in Portland (knock on wood). Epigen 90 seems to be online-only, like the Clean Protein.
Brilliant. I am going to grab some Epigen 90 to keep on hand -- first sprinkling into their DE slowly to acclimate. And I will account for production delays going forward. Thanks!

MindyStClairesMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know you guys were worried about us ;). I got some DE Turkey (2#) delivered today and they like it! Now I feel like I can keep that flavor on hand in the event of manufacturing issues with the Chicken. Chewy said the Chicken would be sent out next week.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know you guys were worried about us ;). I got some DE Turkey (2#) delivered today and they like it! Now I feel like I can keep that flavor on hand in the event of manufacturing issues with the Chicken. Chewy said the Chicken would be sent out next week.
I'm glad they like it. I may have to do the same. Lily likes turkey so hopefully it will work if I have to get some. I got a 2 pound bag of chicken today from my Amazon subscribe and save.