Does your cat groom you?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Daisy bunts just like that! Jams her skull right into me if I have the nerve to be sitting in the armchair instead of lying on the bed. She freaked out a visitor who’s not used to cats by doing it to her, once.
Betty is a big face bunter. It’s one of her love languages. This is a nightly occurrence. She will grind herself in there. If I move, she’ll gently stretch her paw across me like, “Settle down. Just let it happen.” 😹😽🥰

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty is a big face bunter. It’s one of her love languages. This is a nightly occurrence. She will grind herself in there.
Willy does that too. But he always sniffs. So when he goes up in my face (and I also have a beard... I don't know if that contributes to various face smells, based on what I ate, etc.)... he first sniffs thoroughly, then bunts my face.

catloverfromwayback

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Belle likes to lick my hand, but I don’t think it’s grooming. I think she’s checking to be sure I still taste good. I’m convinced Belle plans to east me when I die.
Well, it’s environmentally friendly, saves funeral costs, and she could invite friends and say it’s a wake …

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cmshap

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He just woke me up from sleeping in my living room chair (where I often fall asleep at night) by grooming my ankle. He is telling me it's time for going to actual bed 😂

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it’s environmentally friendly, saves funeral costs, and she could invite friends and say it’s a wake …
Whenever I have a cold, the flu, or even a vigorous coughing jag, I tell Betty (and Krista before her), "if I don't make it, you have my permission to eat my body. There's no sense in this thing taking us both." 🤦‍♂️ 😸

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You mentioned it was a guarantee after doing yoga, which was why I mentioned the theory. I've heard from some cat owners that they get licked at an increased frequency after working out.
I'll have to test this idea out with mine. First, I'll have to actually work out. 🤣