Does This Look Like Worms Or Cat Grass?

Bbydoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Please help. My cats fecal test was negative and i broke open her poop and found this. She does have cat grass so im not sure if its worms or cat grass or something else.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bbydoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Top idk if its worms or cat grass
Bottom these are her furr right?

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I found a rubber band in cat box mixed in poop........I gotta watch them cats and keep things like that hidden away! this Calico is NUTS for guitar strings and I cant re string my guitar with her around. I use them to get her over to me when I have to cut nails add eye ointment etc best cat attractor known to (this) man! im no vet but that is grass I am 97.657% sure. String is deadly to cats and can kill them if they eat it I've read many times.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, you're braver than I am, to go through her poop!

Yeah, cats can't digest plant matter very well, so grass goes right through them (unless they barf it up). Pretty normal.

Do you have any reason to suspect she has parasites?

Bbydoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her fecal test cane back negative. We battled fleas last summer, in june. I did not dewormed her after. (I did not know i was supposed to).

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Her fecal test cane back negative. We battled fleas last summer, in june. I did not dewormed her after. (I did not know i was supposed to).
Fleas usually give tapeworms to cats, and this looks nothing like tapeworm. Have you found what looks like little pieces of dried rice in her stool or around your house? Also hanging from her bum or the surrounding fur.

If you are worried about fleas or worms internally, food grade diatomaceous earth is a natural treatment. It works by drying out the protective layer of fleas externally and parasites internally and then the body does the rest.

If you have any more questions talk to your vet and ask us :).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she has tapeworms (the ones they get from fleas), you'll see little bits that look like rice grains around her butt. If you look frequently and never see any, she probably doesn't have tapeworms :).

Bbydoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If she has tapeworms (the ones they get from fleas), you'll see little bits that look like rice grains around her butt. If you look frequently and never see any, she probably doesn't have tapeworms :).
She is a long hair white cat so its hard to see. Also she does not like it when we touch her butt.

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You should have anti flea/worming medication.
Take her to the vet and get the vet to check her out. The vet will also talk to you about the range of flea and worming meds they have.

Bbydoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is her poop from today. This is a sign that she’s constipated right? Her belly seems full. I started nexabiotic last night, 1/2 capsule morning and 1/2 capsule at night and i gave her 1/8 tsp of slippery elm bark today. I give her natural laxatone too. She wasnt eating so i gave in and bought her fancy feast, and sheba which she used to eat before. She’s eating fancy feast now. I also bought some miralax should i give her 1/8 tsp now? Or wait?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's grass too. If it were roundworms, they are about 5 inches long, sorta clear in color, and they thrash around when the cat throws them up. I had a cat that actually threw some up.

Gizmoandsooz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is grass.
If she is used to fancy feast products keep buying them.

Bbydoll

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is grass.
If she is used to fancy feast products keep buying them.
I think it's grass too. If it were roundworms, they are about 5 inches long, sorta clear in color, and they thrash around when the cat throws them up. I had a cat that actually threw some up.
Thanks. What about the new poop i found this morning? Is this abnormal? It looks like she’s constipated right? Should i use miralax tonight? Or should i wait for nexabiotic and slippery elm bark to work?

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The poop looked normal to me. My two cats' stool looks just like that. Miralax isn't really necessary, but a little won't hurt him.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When one of my cats had tape worms, the ''rice grains' I saw on her would also move. It was obvious that they were tape worm segments.