Does this look hydrated to you?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
iPappy iPappy S silent meowlook I have no experience with sub-q so I let Calcifer manage crinkle's care last night. He knows when crinkle is hungry or needs to be hydrated. He never stops to take pictures of crinkle first.

I think crinkle looks fine this morning. He's still a little damp. Calcifer has concern though and he feels the need to give you the concern very close to the camera.
I think he has a new title, "Crinkle Critical Care, Concern, and Compassion." 🤣

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What's worse is when you suddenly get the joke and start laughing the minute after everyone else in the conversation has moved on to the next subject. It's happened to me, more than once.

Margret
I do that all the time!!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Willow loves to leave her puff and crinkle balls in her water dish. I think I pull out one a week. When she was just a couple of years old I worked so hard to teach her to fetch, but she would just stare at me blankly. Then one day out of the blue she brought me a soaking puff and seemed to want me to throw it. I did and she retrieved it. She doesn’t get the urge to play often but when she does it is always with waterlogged puff balls.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Willow loves to leave her puff and crinkle balls in her water dish. I think I pull out one a week. When she was just a couple of years old I worked so hard to teach her to fetch, but she would just stare at me blankly. Then one day out of the blue she brought me a soaking puff and seemed to want me to throw it. I did and she retrieved it. She doesn’t get the urge to play often but when she does it is always with waterlogged puff balls.
That's too cute!

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not to "beat a dead joke" but you should also feed your crinkle. Best if you feed them leftover cat food from lunch once all cats have finished eating.

Please behold "Crinkles at the feeding bowl."
That crinkle looks pretty well fed. Crinkle neglect should not be taken lightly!! Make sure to wait 30-60 minutes before taking your crinkle for a walk to assure proper digestion. 🤣

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That crinkle looks pretty well fed. Crinkle neglect should not be taken lightly!! Make sure to wait 30-60 minutes before taking your crinkle for a walk to assure proper digestion. 🤣
One option would be to install a low box next to the feeding bowl to give the crinkles a safe place to nap after eating. For maximum protection, make sure the box is long enough that a cat's paw can't reach all the way to the back - you don't want the crinkles to be awakened too early.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
One option would be to install a low box next to the feeding bowl to give the crinkles a safe place to nap after eating. For maximum protection, make sure the box is long enough that a cat's paw can't reach all the way to the back - you don't want the crinkles to be awakened too early.
Lila wishes she had her own crinkle toy. For now, stealing my yarn will do just fine!
1705717127185.png

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You must also ensure that the box is sturdy enough, crinkles can be crushed under cats but only for short periods of time.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm lucky. She's an equal opportunity shedder, and her fur shows up on absolutely everything to ensure I remember her importance!
Speaking seriously for a moment, have you ever spun your own yarn? I have a friend with a drop spindle who's called dibs on all the fur I can brush off of Jasmine, because it makes such fantastic yarn.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Speaking seriously for a moment, have you ever spun your own yarn? I have a friend with a drop spindle who's called dibs on all the fur I can brush off of Jasmine, because it makes such fantastic yarn.
No, but how I would love that!!!!