Does my cats spaying incision look ok?

Is her incision okay?

• Yes, it looks normal.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it looks like it’s opening/has opened.

• No, it looks infected.

• Total voters

Megan6188

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat got spayed 4-5 days ago and everything was fine until a few days ago when I noticed her breathing wasn’t right and she was gagging a lot.

I noticed her cone was too tight so I loosened it, and ever since then she’s been slipping it off and I’m not sure if she’s been chewing on the incision or not.

Yesterday I noticed lines of blood on my shirt where she lays on me, it wasn’t too much blood but it was a significant amount.

today she slipped her cone off once again and I believe she had it off for about 30-40 minutes maybe longer I looked at her incision and it looks like the glue is barely holding on. I’m worried because I don’t have a vehicle and my mom is out of town for the night.

does her incision look like it’s opening/opened? I’ve never seen a spayed cats incision prior to her so I’m not sure.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Did loosening the cone help her so that she's not gagging any more?

I'm not a vet, but I think it's ok, so far anyway. Was there leaking blood today? Keep an eye on it, especially for more bleeding, oozing, if she seems tender in the area, redness, that sort of thing. You might consider asking your mom if you can send this photo, and any more pictures you take to follow how things are with the incision, to your vet in the morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Megan6188

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! Welcome!!

Did loosening the cone help her so that she's not gagging any more?

I'm not a vet, but I think it's ok, so far anyway. Was there leaking blood today? Keep an eye on it, especially for more bleeding, oozing, if she seems tender in the area, redness, that sort of thing. You might consider asking your mom if you can send this photo, and any more pictures you take to follow how things are with the incision, to your vet in the morning.
I think it helped because she wasn’t moving before I loosened it and then she was moving afterwards, she’s still gagging (not really gagging more like indigestion like stuff coming up from her stomach) but not as much.

She doesn’t seem tender in the area, but the incision is hotter than the rest of her body. And so far I haven’t seen any blood.

thank you for your help! I’ll have my mom send the picture to the vet once she gets home tomorrow to see what they say.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Have your mom mention the gagging too.

Let us know what they say.

Hang in there, you're doing a terrific job :purr: