Does My Cat Look Part Maine Coon?

KLDexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I've been reading up on different breeds and Maine Coon seems to be the best fit but I know she's probably not a full bred Maine Coon.

She's chirpy, has tufted paws and ears, bushy tail, longer fur around her neck, playful/good mouser, and she's BIG. She's only 7 months and just about 8 lb and she's very long.

What has me questioning is she is VERY snuggly. She would be perfectly content being held and carried all day. Also, her muzzle doesn't look as wide as Maine Coon nor does her body seem very rectangular/muscular.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a gorgeous gorgeous sweetheart. She looks Maine Coon and Turkish Angora (the set of those big ears) and the snuggles could come from the Angora or there might be some ragdoll in there. You are so fortunate!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KLDexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the input! She truly is beautiful and so perfect for our little family. :)

KLDexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Perhaps a look alike to a Somali? Although they arent very big, so you must forbid her to grow much larger! :)
Personality wise it's spot on. She loves snuggles and playing and is smart (she figured out how to get into cabinets and turn on the faucet). She hates to be alone and is ornery as heck. We're still waiting for her to learn the word 'no!' lol Thanks for the input!! :)

KLDexter

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think I've finally found what she is: a Siberian! Probably a mix but she looks pretty darn close and her personality is spot. on. :)