Does Anyone Here Have Cats And Allergies?

pisces7386

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband always thought he was allergic to cats, but when our cat adopted us we went to an allergy doctor who tested what my husband was actually allergic to. It turns out he is mildly allergic to cats, but seriously allergic to dust mites! We are careful to vacuum every two or three days, got an allergy mattress cover and a hepa filter for the bedroom. He has pretty much no allergies in the house, but does have increased seasonal allergies now that we have the cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Artistwolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure how this thread got reopened? Lol. Anyway I guess I might as well make good use of it.
That's interesting, pisces7386 pisces7386 . I have unfortunately been tested for allergies and I most definetely do have a cat allergy XD They did one of those "poke you with a ton of possible allergens" tests and I got a giant, super itchy bump on one of them (looked like a large mosquito bite) and when the doctor came in I was like, "what's this for?" And he said, "What do you think it is?" And I was like, "cats?" And he just smiled and nodded.

I really need a HEPA filter for my room. Our vacuum has one but I'm still feeling the effects of our two kittens, which kind of worries me. They're still only five months old and yet I'm having a rather unexpected reaction to them... my throat keeps feeling like its swelling up a little, especially at night. It's a really uncomfortable feeling, not to mention rather scary. I'm hoping my body will get used to them so that it's okay when they're older. I wasn't expecting this reaction through because usually I just get a runny nose and watery eyes and otter typical allergic responses. But nope, I've got to get the scariest response out there. I'm using a nasal spray and for a while I was using Zyrtec as well but it didn't seem to do any extra good... in fact it seemed to exacerbate the throat issue. Need to find a better allergy medication, I suppose. And get that filter...