Does anyone have an outdoor enclosure?

BluOnyx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat is leash trained, the middle one refuses to walk on one and just rolls around (plus he is a big cat, almost 20 pounds) and the youngest will go out but freezes up and shakes, he is too afraid to walk. I want to get an outdoor enclosure area so they can both enjoy some fresh air and be safe/feel safe. I am wondering if anyone here has one.

The reason I am asking is that I would like to get some ideas from others as well as price estimates.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few members do. Norachan Norachan built one herself and basscat basscat has a large one for his bobcat (yes bobcat) that might be homemade. There are threads here on TCS about DIY catios if you're handy with tools or know someone who is. For a ready made type that requires minimal tools to put together, try searching the TCS forums with the search feature.

Edit: Found pictures of basscat's large outdoor enclosure: Cat Enclosure Obviously you won't need something as large for your housecat :)

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I have a large enclosure built from wooden fence posts and deer netting. If you are going to make one for just one cat it needn't be so large. I recommend putting a roof on it to make sure it's completely cat proof and keep other animals out.

You can see some pictures of the one I made here. Very long but lots of pics. ;)

Moving House, Taking The Colony With Me.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you're on Facebook, join the Catio group. Lots of ideas!

I have an enclosure made from dog kennel panels, accessed from a window, attached to the house with HVAC strapping. Poultry netting ziptied over the top and on the bottom to prevent raccoons from reaching in (they tend to get grabby). It was easy and not terribly expensive, though not cheap either.