Does Anyone Else Have Experience With Fortekor Tablets?

skrinkle

Cat mom
Young Cat
Purraise
My new kitten (well.. she’s 11) started them a few weeks ago, and now her poops are rock solid and have a weird tan colouring on the outside. When I squish them (lol) they’re a normal dark brown inside. I’m worried because she’s had issues with constipation for the last year at the shelter, and they had her on cisapride and laxatives. She’s still taking her laxative, but not the cisapride. Her poops, while hard, are still coming out as they normally would (every 3 days). She’s going to the vet in a couple days, but I wanted to post here first so I can gather my thoughts and questions before I speak to her vet.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she taking this medication for kidney disease, or heart issues? Not that it matters, but I can't find any data that would indicate harder than normal stools as a side effect. I wonder if stopping the cisapride has anything to do with it? I don't honestly see how...if anything I would think that might have changed the regularity of them. I've not used the Fortekor, but am responding mainly hoping it will get you more attention to your thread.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our last cat was on Fortekor for a couple of years (for HCM), and it had no effect on the color or consistency of his feces.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat pictured left and now at the Rainbow Bridge had been on Fortekor Flavor 5 mg for nearly 10 years without any side effect.
She was taking 1/2 tablet a day.
She has CKD, and I think it helped her a lot.