Does Anybody Know By Looking At My Girl What Breed?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would describe the cat with the blue tag as a black and white domestic shorthair, and I would describe the cat with the pink tag as a solid black domestic shorthair. Most cats don't belong to any specific breed. Lovely cats!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

auntdawny

These are my babies, Bubs and Girl
Kitten
Purraise
I would describe the cat with the blue tag as a black and white domestic shorthair, and I would describe the cat with the pink tag as a solid black domestic shorthair. Most cats don't belong to any specific breed. Lovely cats!

auntdawny

Kitten
Purraise
they are brother and sister so that's just all their call is just as domestic Shorthair there's no in particular name? I really appreciate ur response

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cat "breeds" are a relatively recent idea, and only a very small percentage of cats belong to any breed. Most cats do not belong to any particular breed, and we call them domestic shorthairs or domestic longhairs depending on hair length.

auntdawny

Kitten
Purraise
oh well I never ever knew that! Thank you so much for that info because I've been driving myself nuts over here !

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
They are so cute! I agree, I would describe your handsome boy as a black and white bicolor (in the mitted tuxedo pattern) Domestic Shorthair, and your pretty girl as a black Domestic Shorthair.

auntdawny

Kitten
Purraise
thank you! She only wants to be loved when she wants to on her own time and he has always been very skittish with a nervous stomach and disappears like if people come over . he has recently things in the same two spots that he used to when he was a baby litter box in the upstairs bathroom so I'm taking him to the vet this week cuz I cannot understand why you still in that...