Do Your Cats Get High?

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ours do. They just love the feeling of being as high as they can get. Their favorite spot is on top a cardboard box that our new microwave (it's not new anymore) came in. It's actually higher than any of our window sills. They sort of take turns up there...king of the mountain type game. But the attraction is that the box is centrally located, so viewing from there is panoramic.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh yes, I believe my cats wished they had wings so they can go as high as they can and fly back down slowly. 

Since my cats are indoor/outdoor, they have conquered the highest tree in the garden and one of them (that I know of) has visited my neighbors' roof  on occasion. 

chat2008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lol when I clicked on this thread I assumed it was referring to catnip (which, what are the odds, both our estabkished resident and new rescue cat seem to be largely immune to)... But ours love being on top of the world too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol when I clicked on this thread I assumed it was referring to catnip (which, what are the odds, both our estabkished resident and new rescue cat seem to be largely immune to)... But ours love being on top of the world too.
Because you mentioned catnip...how do you expose your cats to it? There might be a better way.

chat2008

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our catnip attempts have been sprinkling some on a scratching triangle, soaking and rubbing a toy mouse in a ziploc with a bunch of fresh catnip, and once letting our resident eat actual living catnip plant. Our resident was 100% immune (zero reaction to any form of catnip) until about 2 years of age, and then she started to show a very weak reaction. Our newbie cat, 2 years old now, still shows zero reaction.

Last edited:

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny you mention being "high", I just snapped this one of my double trouble earlier today...

Mine LOVE the cat condo, as well as the top of my entertainment center:

One of Daymon's favorite spots in inside the cabinet over the fridge:

Yeah, I think most cats love to be high...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katkuddler

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Our catnip attempts have been sprinkling some on a scratching triangle, soaking and rubbing a toy mouse in a ziploc with a bunch of fresh catnip, and once letting our resident eat actual living catnip plant. Our resident was 100% immune (zero reaction to any form of catnip) until about 2 years of age, and then she started to show a very weak reaction. Our newbie cat, 2 years old now, still shows zero reaction.
Have you tried just putting the catnip on a plate on the floor?