Do You Worry Veterinarians Don't Have A Clue What's Wrong?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myfamily

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I typed in cat cough on the Youtube web site, and I found a cat coughing that sounds very much like the sound my cats makes. I put a link here. Another cat video of a cat coughing said her cat had cancer. Scary stuff.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I decided to hold off on seeing another vet for the time being. Rocky is still coughing and throwing up. But maybe he will work through it this weekend. The last doctor took $400 and provided what I thought felt like a first-year's med student interpretation of the chest xrays. Something about there should be more clarity here, but instead it is foggy looking so perhaps he has asthma, was his analysis. He was an older man, but had just rejoined the practice after being away for a while. He then gave Rocky some kind of steroid shot that did no good. I had an appt this morning at a Cat hospital, but my heart wasn't in it, and I cancelled early this morning. I imagine I would have went in there, and then walked out another $400 poorer with a bag full of medications. I hope Rocky gets better on his own. I am really stressed about it.
Allow me to say that I wouldn't stop only because they weren't able to make a diagnosis so far.
I took my poor Lola to about 20 different vets, in over a dozen clinics and surgeries before one of them was able to tell me what she had.
I spent thousands before I got a right diagnosis, and I spent several more thousands to have her cured.
I never considered myself poorer after those vet bills and I'm not a millionaire.
I always thought I had to do the best I could to help who had always trusted me. As a matter of fact I had no more money left at the end of the story, but I felt richer inside. It was the best feeling in the world!

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I would ask your vet for an inhaler of Albuterol and order the aerokat on amazon-2 day shipping=the albuterol will at least stop the coughing for now then your vet can get you a script for Flovent- and send it to inhousepharmacy.vu and get the strongest dose. This is the one the cat asthma group has best success with. It does take 2 weeks to build up in body so vet should prescribe prednisolone for a month-you have to taper it after 2 weeks so that's why I say a month. This will help with inflammation while you guys figure out how to get him to puff on his aerokat.

It saved the life of my Honeybee. Xrays are only way that show asthma.