Do You Wash Your Cat?

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried shampoo wipes? I find them more effective than wet cloths on my guys when they’re back in from the garden.
No I havent tried them. Which ones do you recomend? (They need to be safe to lick as both cats will lick their fur when cleaning.) Generally I use a cloth dampened with water.

Wife got them a "detangling spray", but I stopped using it. It left a residue and had a perfume smell, which must have been horrible for the cats when self grooming.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
No I havent tried them. Which ones do you recomend? (They need to be safe to lick as both cats will lick their fur when cleaning.) Generally I use a cloth dampened with water.

Wife got them a "detangling spray", but I stopped using it. It left a residue and had a perfume smell, which must have been horrible for the cats when self grooming.
I use Groomer’s goop Shampoo wipes, then brush the cat through with a detangling/antistatic spray. Detangling sprays are a must for any longhair, imo. Theyre less for detangling, and more for preventing static buildup, as static causes knots to form. If if leaves a residue, you may be using too much. There are detangling sprays that have less of an odour, as well, but I’m not sure what’s available in the states. The Groomer’s goop 5 in 1 detangling spray is okay, but it does have a bit of a smell.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, im in Canada.

I will look for the Groomers goop shampoo. Keeping longhaired cats tangke free is an on going chore.