Do you think your cat would save your life?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Chrissy was VERY protective of me. If anyone started yelling or if I was upset, she would patrol around the room, growling and looking for the trouble. She has charged at strangers coming towards me, tail bushed, all fluffed out and growling. She was always the one to keep dogs out of our yard, jumping right onto their backs and riding them out of the yard! Scared me to death.....

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a mancoon, Teddy Bear, that was a complete and total sweetheart. She would let the toddlers torment her(pick her up awkwardly, pull her hair and tail). I thought she would never hurt a fly, until my baby brother was about 10 months old and started coughing up after inhaling some apple juice in his sippy, Teddy Bear back kicked his sippy out of his hands, and went apesh*t meowing and running around me to call attention to him. The look of desperation in her eyes when she was all over him, licking him, and nudging him as he coughed. We later got a kitten, who she would monitor when he played with it. If that kitty got too playful, it was getting smacked and dragged away by Teddy Bear. One other time, my mother brought a new boyfriend over, and he was play wrestling with my brother (maybe 7 years old then) and Teddy Bear, who was 13 years old, attacked this guy. For the first time in her entire life, the most docile cat I've ever seen, actually had claws out, bit, and hissed at someone!

AmandaRox

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Rox, I started to train to push my head over as I pretended to choke and fall on the floor. I posted about it, hoping to raise awareness for service animals. The plan was to get her trained to push my security button by the door, but I've since stopped training. This was entirely my own fault because Rox now paws me and nudges my head worriedly in the middle of the night/early morning, and not because she wants something either. I have to assure her that I'm fine. She now sleeps on my head, and sometimes I feel like I caused the opposite of my original intent. To think that its possible for my cat to suffocate my face only because I have molded her into feeling protective is so ironic.

bear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is a repost from earlier thread.
===
In 2008, FurBall's cold muzzle was being pushed deeply into my cheek.
It was 1 AM and my forehead hurt and was on the desk top.
Although my forehead hurt, she eventually woke me.
I tried to tell her I was OK. Though the words were garbled.
My hands and feet tingled.

My dear calico friend had awaken me while having a stroke, which allowed me to get to the emergency room in time.
FurBall_big_stamp.jpg

Moonlight_wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mia would save me from myself. She’s a registered emotional support cat and sometimes I think she knows it. If I’m outside she will scream at me through the window because she can’t get to me and she will scream if I close the bathroom door and she can’t get to me. I’m not sure what she’s afraid will happen if she can’t get to me. I was working on the catio outside of the catio and she was in the catio and I could still pet her through the catio but she still screamed at me because there was a separation between us.

As for saving me from others. I’m not sure. She’s not a violent cat, her main form of defense is screaming. I’ve never had anyone attack me so I don’t know if she’d get defensive if that happened. But she would probably scream.