Do You Let You Cats On The Table?

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Leo would only lay down on the backyard garden wooden table i guess it was a way for him to bask in the sun and keep warm, in the house he didnt jump on the tables at all he would go exploring around the couches and under the tables or pounce on my bed. MC never liked tables either never seen her on a table now that i think of it.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We never use the dining room table so since we got Riley (our dog) I feed the cats up on the table to keep him out of their food. I do chase them off of the counters when I see them up there.

Sylvia Jones

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am trying to train my kittens to stay off the table They are 4 months old We just take them down and sweetly talk to them as to not make it a big deal It seems to be helping only time will tell We use the table at most meals I live with my son and 3 1/2 yr old granddaughter and distractions while getting her to eat isn’t helpful So I would say it all depends on what works for your family

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wow that is a beautiful kitty!

I also gave up. They will get down when I snap my fingers and motion to them to get down, but they basically go anywhere they want. Less of an issue now that they are old ladies.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't allow them on the table or counters, that being said I'm sure they are on them while we are out.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My beloved Pallina was a main, and somehow, necessary item on the the lunch/dinner table when we were eating.
She would just lie on the table cloth, but almost never touched any food. She would just stay with us, watch us eating and enjoy the smells.
Sometimes she would prefer to stay in the window and look outside, or go elsewhere in the house. I must say it was when we would realize we were missing something.

Lola would curl on my lap when I was at the table, she would sleep on my legs, or enjoy my company, she never stayed on the table when it was meal time.

Minnie Mao

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had more than one cat in my life and maybe they were defective because they never showed any interest in the tables or what it was on them. None of them but a curious one that used to peep out over the border to "control maneuvers"; with her, it was sufficient to say no kindly but firmly. I think it's a good thing, above all if your cat goes outside too.

Sonatine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I let them on the table. It doesn't bother me. I can always wipe the table. If I'm preparing food, I shoo them away from it, but if I'm not using the table they're welcome to it.

The only off limits areas for them are the top of the stove (because it's dangerous) and the top of my dresser (because it's high enough to be inconvenient to jump to and it's nice to have one place for decorations).